Short flight from Key West to see the Shuttle

Took a short flight up from NAS Key West up to take a look at the Shuttle.

OrbX freeware scenery,

ERS Bell 206

Taking off from Key West NAS. Looks like someone set up a small circus tent. I didn't go in, but they had some beer that was deeeeeeliscious!

ScreenHunter_2768 Jul. 20 22.57_A.jpg

On they way up, I took a short tour of the Miami area. No game today, darn it...

ScreenHunter_2774 Jul. 20 23.20_A.jpg

There's the Vehicle Assembly Building right near the entrance to the Kennedy Space Flight Center.

That's where the press and public were allowed to view launches from Mercury up to today.

Interesting note: A little outside the base entrance is a hole-in-the-wall burger joint called Sailors Choice. Only topless burger joint I've ever been to. I think the food was good...

ScreenHunter_2780 Jul. 20 23.59_A.jpg

There's Cape Canaveral. The FAA was a little upset, so I set her down there for my butt-chewing. As long as they have coffee...

ScreenHunter_2782 Jul. 21 00.03_A.jpg

Just waiting for the rotors to wind down, then I'll head in.

Maybe I'll be able to catch a lift out to Sailor's Choice later...

ScreenHunter_2783 Jul. 21 00.06_A.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Many thanks, guys! I appreciate the good word a lot :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Lovely pics Patrick, what is the name of the ORBX freeware?

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lovely pics Patrick, what is the name of the ORBX freeware?

Thanks to all for the great responses! It's appreciated, believe me.

The name of the OrbX I use is their FTx Global Freeware Pack. Since freeware is what I can afford, it's what I use :D

It may be found RIGHT HERE. Just scan down a ways.

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks to all for the great responses! It's appreciated, believe me.

The name of the OrbX I use is their FTx Global Freeware Pack. Since freeware is what I can afford, it's what I use :D

It may be found RIGHT HERE. Just scan down a ways.

Have fun all!

Pat☺

Thanks for the link but there are about three dozen freebies in there, which one specifically gets you the shuttle launch scenery?

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, I should have been more specific. My apologies :o

The one you want, at least it's one I use, is THIS ONE

I know it says you have to have their FTX payware, but I don't, and you saw the result in my pics.

I actually found it on THIS SITE. You have to scan down to where it has FTX shown. It's alphabetically sorted, and there a TON of sceneries, but that's the closest I can link. Great resource. It has the entire world, sorted by countries, just like the Free Flight starting point menu is. That's the page for the US, but there are all the countries of the world if you look. Not all OrbX, but all freeware, which is my thing. It has links to all the various simulator sites, mostly FlightSim, Avsim, and Simviation, but many different ones.

Does that answer your question?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spot-on Pat, many thanks. The second link provided is a treasure trouve, thanks for that as well. Best wishes. :cool: :pilot:

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived