Another Thread for building B737-800NG

Ohio737

Hello everyone,

Im new to the forum. Im finally going to do this project. Im tired of joystick and keyboard. I want the (AS REAL) as my wallet will afford me.

As the title says, Im going to build a 737. Seems like there are supplier options for this build. I think I have a decent layout of where im going to begin. If any of you have any experience with the components or can answer questions below, please that would be awesome and help me alot. Im trying to do as much plug n play as I can with this build.

Ok starting with the shell.

Im going to be building the SIMSAMURAI "airline X" which utilizes 6 32 inch lcd screens as I do not have the space to afford a 3 projection setup. Plus lcds are pretty cheap. The shell kit does allow you to use projection down the road so thats good.

Does anyone have experience with the sim samurai shell?

for the MIP, I was leaning towards the FLIGHT DECK SOLUTIONS 2.0 bundle kit which is pretty much everything minus the lcd screens and brackets.

Question(s)

Is it cheaper to build an MIP from scratch? the bundle is like 3200(USD)

For the most part everyone is using 19 inch screens for CPT and FO to cover the main instruments but does the screen cover the clocks? or do i need to get those separate?

For the center screen and lower panel screen, what is everyone using for those and who makes them (do you have a link)

For the lower overhead , I was leaning towards open cockpit. However this seems very daunting. Is there a plug and play option for the lower and the aft over head panels that offer realism and like the APU gauge and pressure gauges and back lit ? (please share a link )

for the TQ it seems I have to go with a brazil company to order. Do you have links to other companies that offer affordable but realistic TQ?

FMC again flight deck solutions at 1000(usd) each only need 1 for now. Do you have links to other companies that make FMC good but cheaper?

Engine Fire cut off unit, again I guess brazil? Do you have links to other more affordable companies?

The lower panel with be relatively easy to find stuff for.

The MCP (Flight Director) again I was thinking Flight Deck Solutions. Do you know of any other companies that make them and are good but cheaper? please share links

rudder peds and yoke for now saitek stuff

Seats, I will use some nice car seats from the wreck yard.

All of this will be built around FSX. What I wish to accomplish is to have real world interactions with ATC and other SIM Flyers and radio calls etc. I want to keep the add ons light and limited. Project magenta for sounds, but what else should I get?

Now to the wiring.... How do you wire all this crap up? Is there a video on how to do this somewhere? how do you get all the buttons and switches to interface ? (which is why im looking for pre wired plug n play stuff) I can build things with wood pretty good and install a car radio but thats about it.

If anyone has any help to offer , feedback, suggestions, parts for sale anything that would help me keep this as budget friendly as possible I would really appreciate it.

I figure this will be about 3-4 year project as most are and some still going.

I appreciate your time in reading this and to share your thoughts.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON : 16GB DDR4 3000MHz:

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 TI graphics card.

Hello everyone.. So Ive decided it would be cheaper to build my MIP.

So I am wondering do any of you know or have blue print for the MIP base? In the FMC area I want to use a 15 in wide screen for lower EICAS and FO FMC.

Im going to use 2/ 24 inch wide screens for CPT and FO side and a 15 std for upper EICAS and left gauges. Im having a bit of trouble finding plans

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON : 16GB DDR4 3000MHz:

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 TI graphics card.

Archived