High end System- FSX stutters etc

Hi all,

I recently got a new system, the specs are:

Intel i7700K OC 4.8ghz water cooled.

16gb DD4 RAM

GTX 1070 8GB

When running FSX:SE i seem to have awful stutters, I've played around with the settings and i've also played with the settings in Nvidia Inspector but i just cannot seem to get it smooth.

Using the PMDG 747 at FSDreamteam Chicago it seems it's not as smooth as it was on my old system which had much poorer specs.

I tried using the exact same settings as my old machine but then avoided it as i know that different machines will use different settings.

Does anyone here know if there is something i'm missing to make this run smooth? I've been told many times that my specs should run it smooth no problem but i just seem to have these stutters.

To give you a brief example, Let's say i'm in the PMDG 777 and i have a wing view, If i start taking off and you look down at the runway or the terminal buildings in the distance its like i'm quickly pausing FSX and un-pausing it. I just wanna get it smooth :( Or at least as smooth as possible.

I'm not that good at tweaking and getting a balance on settings so that is probably my problem.

There were two actions that really helped to smooth out my sim, eliminating stutters. I switched from DX9 to DX10 Preview with Steve's DX10 Fixer. I also got a huge improvement in smoothness and elimination of crashes to desktop (CTDs) when I started unclicking everything in the FSX Scenery Library, except for what I was actually using in that particular flight. I used to get a lot of micro stutters when looking around with TrackIR, but now it's totally smooth.

FSX with Acceleration, i3770k overclocked to 4.3, GTX670 GPU.

If you run FSX from hard drives, then defrag them. That goes for the Windows drive also.

Get rid of any unnecessary processes and/or software running in the background.

Take a look at Kosta's tweaking guide, which is posted as a sticky at the top of this forum. It's actually reasonably easy to follow.

Jorgen

Archived