I can't get FS2004 with update to run on windows 7

nrscroller

Also, due to Win 7 'permissions', don't install it in default folder (C:\Program Files, or C:\Program Files (x86)). Install directly to main folder (C: or D: or ?).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Bill,

I fear you are in for a rough and rocky road. I wish I could offer you a magic fix; I cannot. I will suggest, before you attempt to load FS9 again, that you go to the FS9 forum and search for my thread "Here We Go Again" (no longer on opening page, but at top of page 2). I don't offer any solutions, only problems and issues, but there are some excellent pieces of advice in that thread, mostly from Mark. I wish you luck; I finally gave up and ported an old, back-up version from a USB HDD. I hope that from my frustration, you can find success. Good luck!

Ah, come on! It EASY proceedure (or 'fix'):

(1). Don't install to Program Files folder.

(2). Get the 'No CD Exe' to substitude for the 'FS9 Exe'.

(3). RIGHT CLICK on desktop FS9 icon and choose 'Run As Administrator' (if you forget, close FS9 and re-start).

(4). DONE! Go fly!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

1). Don't install to Program Files folder.

Install, for example into C:\ Flight Sim\

RUN IT

Install the FS9.1 update

RUN IT

(2). Replace the FS9.exe with the 'nocd' FS9.exe ... MAKE sure its the version for the 9.1 update

RUN IT

Go to the new FS2004 folder, right-click the replaced FS9.exe & send to desktop

(3). RIGHT CLICK on desktop FS9 icon and choose 'Run As Administrator' (if you forget, close FS9 and re-start).

(4). DONE! Go fly!

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Quote: '..MAKE sure its the version for the 9.1 update RUN IT'

That is correct Z. If you patch (9.1) and use the No CD for unpatched (9.0) then you won't get the bridges, etc that the patch (9.1) provides. You need to install FS9 (9.0), patch it (9.1) and then run a No CD for the patched FS9 for things to work right (ie: some add on installs are made for 'FS9.1').

The way you can tell if you HAVE installed the 9.1 update is to look for a BACKUP folder in your main FS9 folder. The files involved are named '*.A610.*' . The original (Backed Up) files are named '*.234.*'. This info goes back to 2012!

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived