What's Your Monitor Setup?

flightsimxpilot

Just feeling around for ideas here. I am using a 3 monitor setup but I noticed last night that my computer was VERY hot after a 1.5 hr flight. Not sure if the 3 monitors are overworking the graphics cards/CPU so I might need to drop to 2 monitors.

The CPU is liquid cooled and I have 2 1080 graphic cards. Could always get another fan I suppose.

Anyway, how many monitors do you use? and are the screens for views, instruments, ect?

I use two. One for the sim and one for watching in-flight movies.....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I just have one atm, but would like two for a map. I had a nice in-game map in FS2004, but now I use FSX so I don't have that. The map I had was great in that I could quickly see near by airports, navaids, waypoints and it would show me TD based on my VS as I descended.

You might want to look at Plan-G ( http://www.tasoftware.co.uk ). It's freeware and has a great moving map. I think you'll like it.....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Archived