Clanking sound from DC-3

ColR1948

When I launch a flight using the DC-3 I can hear a clanking sound from the engines, it's like someone hitting a piece of metal, I went through all the sounds to see if I could eliminate it but I couldn't find it, any ideas?

Col.

I don't know which DC-3 we are talking about, but if I understand correctly you tested all the sound files in the sounds folder of that particular aircraft, and couldn't find a sound file that replicates the clanking sound from the engines?

If an addon aircraft doesn't have custom sounds, like for the engines for example, it automatically uses default sounds located in the “sounds” folder within the XP “Resources” folder. For engines the sound files would be located in the "engine" subfolder (obviously).

Now, 1) I don't think any of the default engine sounds has a "clank"; and 2) it seems a bit strange to me that an addon aircraft like the DC-3 wouldn't include custom sounds for the engines.

Are you absolutely certain you went through al the sound files in [your aircraft directory]/sounds/engine/) ?

Archived