First Taste of XP-11

ColR1948

I installed XP-11 boxed version yesterday, installed local scenery then after the updating I gave it a try.

I took off from Woodford (EGCD) near Manchester in the Cessna 172, flew around low level admiring the scenery, I went in widowed mode and started to look at the various menu features, after a while I saw something where it said let ai fly the plane, so I clicked on it.

I went in chase mode so I could see more of the scenery, then ATC started telling the ai woman pilot to change course and climb, so I left it to see what would happen next.

Then after a few more course changes ATC told it to descend, then descend again then it landed at Exeter and parked up, but after only a few seconds it took off again, this time heading east, I don't know where it was going next as I quit the flight, but I was surprised at all this because I never put in a flight plan of any sort so what made it decide to fly that route?

I did notice the ATC and pilot voices were the same on other sectors and ai aircraft, not sure yet if this can be changed.

I found the scenery to be very good compared to FS9 & FSX, even had trains moving as well.

I liked the moving map but wish it gave slightly more detail like area or city names, I could see airport codes but I had to keep looking them up to see where I was.

So my first taste of XP-11 was very pleasant and I'm looking forward to more surprises and getting used to it lol.

Col.

Hi RR, This morning out of curiosity I set myself at EGCC Manchester in the Cessna, I was on the active runway then selected ai to fly the aircraft.

It took off, flew down to Nottingham then turned back, did a circuit then landed back at Manchester, again I never set a flight plan it just decided that was where to fly.

I noticed my frame rates were around 50, according to what I've read they should be around 30, so I altered a few sliders for more detail etc but still they are at 50, I need to experiment further.

• 1 month later...

Archived