My simkit gauges do not move when calibrate - CCU2 board?

skylinc

I can not get my CCU2 Controller to calibrate any of my Simkits gauges

As best as I can see, everything is installed correctly, I have the flashing red light on my CCU2 board - confirming the firmware has been loaded

I have downloaded the drivers from the simkits / TRC Simulations website, and followed their installation manual PDF for the controller board

TRCLink application confirms the board is connected to the PC

I am running this from Windows XP

TRC Calibration software loads and reports a connection to the board, but when I move the calibration sliders, they have no effect on the gauges

I am not exactly sure what I am supposed to be seeing, but I am guessing as I move the slider, the needles on the gauges should be moving?

It's as though there is no output from the board, along the ribbon cables to the gauges - even though there does appear to be power in to the board - and the red light is flashing on the board when calibration software is launched

I have made a video showing exactly what happens - to help illustrate my setup!

https://youtu.be/3k3FmPTxgJo

Thank you very much for any help you can give me - much appreciated!

Hi! Is your Windows 98 a 64-bit? Simkits software does not support 64-bit systems. You may want to check the Simkits support "Frequently asked Questions" page. I found this on that page. I hope this helps you.

Hi robsinger

Thanks for taking the time to post

Unfortunately, I have not had the same experience as you with SimKits customer service

I have emailed their support twice in the last 3 weeks, and they have never acknowledged or replied from either their SimKits or TRC Simulations support desks

Hi Billd

Thanks for taking the time to post

Yes I read about the 64-bit issue - and this is why SimKits now only sell the new USB style gauges - as the CCU2 controller board (for the previous gen non-USB gauges) is only compatible with 32-bit

I am running Windows XP Home edition - so this will be 32-bit

The TRC calibration software does launch and run OK on my PC - but it does not move the gauges when I move the sliders in the software

Archived