FSX Default F-18 HUD not working on Prepar3D V3.4

bruno180899

Hi everyone! Can somebody please help me? I moved the default F-18 from FSX (With the F18.dll gauge) to Prepar3D, but the HUD doesn't work! It appears, but everything stay on 0 and don't move! That numbers with buttons under the HUD (i forgotten their name xD) doesn't work too! Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian lol

Try looking in your FSX\Gauges folder. Look for anything with F-18 in the name. Folders, .gau files, .cab files, you name it. Look very carefully. Once you've found everything, copy all of the items you found to your P3D\gauges folder.

The "numbers with buttons" thingy is called a UFC, for Up-Front Control. Just so you know :D

I can't swear the default F-18 will port over to P3D, however. IF it doesn't work, try downloading and installing the FSDT FSX BS F/A-18C v16.1 . It works much better than the default Hornet. You can find it HERE. It comes in a auto-installer. Normally I don't trust auto-installers, but this one works perfectly.

When you run it, you need to know 2 things. First, you will be given a list with a number of choices to install. They are various, different "loadouts" available. Like a Clean loadout, with no pylons, weapons, or external tanks. An A-A, with pylons, centerline tank, and missiles for an Air-to-Air mission. I personally prefer the Training loadout, with pylons, and a centerline tank, but no weapons. It lets me go practice BFM and ACM, and then come down, place a carrier with AICarriers, and do CQ traps and launches all day long.

Once you have chosen the loadout(s) you desire, it will install a Base loadout, and then your various choices. The Base is required for all the others, as it has the basic textures they all use, the panel, sound, etc. It is not a flyable choice, but all the other flyable choices need it to be there.

Second, the auto installer will then install the .NET Redristributable v 2015 the plane needs to function. This file can take a while to install, and during the installation, it may SEEM to stop, or freeze up. It is NOT. Just let it run until it's finished. It may take 10-15 minutes. Go get a cuppa coffee, or a sandwich, or something. when it's done, you will know.

If I may, I recommend AICarriers for placing a carrier for landing practice. Great little add-on program. You can download and install it from HERE. Look down at the bottom of the page to find the download .zip file.

Please note, that to work properly, AICarriers must be installed in your root P3D folder. Like C:\Lockheed Martin\P3D or wherever you have it. So you'd wind up with C:\Lockheed Martin\P3D\AICarriers.

If you are feeling really masochistic, try the add-on program called vLSO. You can find it on the right-hand side of THIS PAGE. It adds AI LSO's to your carriers, and they grade your traps, as well as talking you down, if required. They ma seem really mean and harsh in their grading, but they are actually fair and honest. Give it a try sometime :)

There are also a number of add-on carriers available, both in the file library here on Flightsim, and several other sites. Just go to the Search page, select FSX-ALL FILES, and type in carrier in the search field. The most popular by far is Javier's Nimitz V2, which can be downloaded FROM HERE. It's a great boat, and may be used in AICarriers. If you want to do boat traps, give it a look.

Now, go have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi everyone! Can somebody please help me? I moved the default F-18 from FSX (With the F18.dll gauge) to Prepar3D, but the HUD doesn't work! It appears, but everything stay on 0 and don't move! That numbers with buttons under the HUD (i forgotten their name xD) doesn't work too! Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian lol

Oh man, very thanks for you attention! Much appreciated! ^^

I looked everything, i'm not missing nothing, maybe just an compatibility issue, this also happens with the HUD of my Tim Conrad's A-29B (with his UFC too) but anyway, thanks for the great F-18 you recommended and the carrier too, also very thanks for that UFC thing, if you understand me hahahaha xD

Downloading the addons now!

Man, you were an USMC Sgt? This must be VERY cool! On the beggining of the next year i will serve on the Brazilian Air Force, i live about 700 meters of the entrance of the Canoas Air Base, so, armed forces here i go! xD

Again, very thanks man, and, here in Brazil when we are happy and grateful for something, we say Hugs! But as i know, in the United States you say cheers, so..

Cheers! and hugs too xD

Try looking in your FSX\Gauges folder. Look for anything with F-18 in the name. Folders, .gau files, .cab files, you name it. Look very carefully. Once you've found everything, copy all of the items you found to your P3D\gauges folder.

The "numbers with buttons" thingy is called a UFC, for Up-Front Control. Just so you know :D

I can't swear the default F-18 will port over to P3D, however. IF it doesn't work, try downloading and installing the FSDT FSX BS F/A-18C v16.1 . It works much better than the default Hornet. You can find it HERE. It comes in a auto-installer. Normally I don't trust auto-installers, but this one works perfectly.

When you run it, you need to know 2 things. First, you will be given a list with a number of choices to install. They are various, different "loadouts" available. Like a Clean loadout, with no pylons, weapons, or external tanks. An A-A, with pylons, centerline tank, and missiles for an Air-to-Air mission. I personally prefer the Training loadout, with pylons, and a centerline tank, but no weapons. It lets me go practice BFM and ACM, and then come down, place a carrier with AICarriers, and do CQ traps and launches all day long.

Once you have chosen the loadout(s) you desire, it will install a Base loadout, and then your various choices. The Base is required for all the others, as it has the basic textures they all use, the panel, sound, etc. It is not a flyable choice, but all the other flyable choices need it to be there.

Second, the auto installer will then install the .NET Redristributable v 2015 the plane needs to function. This file can take a while to install, and during the installation, it may SEEM to stop, or freeze up. It is NOT. Just let it run until it's finished. It may take 10-15 minutes. Go get a cuppa coffee, or a sandwich, or something. when it's done, you will know.

If I may, I recommend AICarriers for placing a carrier for landing practice. Great little add-on program. You can download and install it from HERE. Look down at the bottom of the page to find the download .zip file.

Please note, that to work properly, AICarriers must be installed in your root P3D folder. Like C:\Lockheed Martin\P3D or wherever you have it. So you'd wind up with C:\Lockheed Martin\P3D\AICarriers.

If you are feeling really masochistic, try the add-on program called vLSO. You can find it on the right-hand side of THIS PAGE. It adds AI LSO's to your carriers, and they grade your traps, as well as talking you down, if required. They ma seem really mean and harsh in their grading, but they are actually fair and honest. Give it a try sometime :)

There are also a number of add-on carriers available, both in the file library here on Flightsim, and several other sites. Just go to the Search page, select FSX-ALL FILES, and type in carrier in the search field. The most popular by far is Javier's Nimitz V2, which can be downloaded FROM HERE. It's a great boat, and may be used in AICarriers. If you want to do boat traps, give it a look.

Now, go have fun!

Pat☺

Lol, look at what i did, i really don't know how to use a forum xD, but man, i noticed the problem isn't just the hud, looks like all the F-18 gauges aren't working (your F-18 too, just the HUD works), this is very strange xD

Archived