Good News from DTG

johnost

After venting my frustrations with DTG's Flight School, I should in all fairness mention the generous offer by DTG to provide a free copy of their new Flight Sim World to all purchasers of Flight School. They say the new sim will automatically be added to their Steam account when released.

And to think, I would have paid $50 lol. I absolutely hated Flight School but this looks like an entirely new sim. I can't wait till it pops up in my library. Let's see how it stacks up against X-plane 11.

Yes - after my experience with Flight School I was going to be very cautious about their new sim, but now I can test it for free. It will of course be a development version, but that gives us a chance to have inputs to the final product. Things look good for 2017 with development of Flight Sim World, X-11 and Aerofly 2!

I agree! This may be a second "Golden Age" for flight sims. I still remember fondly the late 90's and early 2000's when we had X-plane,MSFS,FLY!,Flight Unlimited 2and 3 and others all competing. We need that again! I miss flying Fs98 on the MS gaming zone using Roger Wilco for voice comms and a 3rd party real weather app for the environment and cracking a beer and just chilling with others on very long flights that would have been super boring except we had a bunch of buddies to B.S. with along the way. That needs to return ASAP!

You can by PM.
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus Strix GTX 960 gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD, 650 watt Corsair PSU

FSW has an impressive set of features so far, although it still reminds me of FSX/P3D. Wish DTG would have designed a new engine or used Unreal 4 to make the ground scenery look more realistic. I do like the vc rain effects and hope they are implemented in all aircraft.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Archived