Vatsim pilot ratings

M4TT2016

Don't know for sure how that works, but the most sensible thing to do is start with P1 and work your way up.

To get an answer to your question just try to enroll for a course that's 2 steps above your 'grade' and see if that is allowed.

But by all means take the P1 before you start flying on VatSIM. It's highly appreciated by your fellow pilots and all controllers!

Grtz., Hans

Guest lavochkin

Do not use Vatsim, Join IVAO, no testing unless you choose. Vatsim controllers has got too much power and has turned into little dictators.

Back in the day Vatsim was all about helping each other. Not so anymore. IVAO is a much better network.

Thank you for your input.

I've been flying on vatsim, periodically for about a year now but want to improve my flying and airmanship.

Want to obtain a ppl IRL so I think the structure would prove some information towards that. The more I can learn the better I think.

I know it's not mandatory :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you're serious about obtaining a PPL on a short term, my advice is to nót take the VatSIM courses.

Not because you won't learn anything from it, but because there are quite some differences between the online and reallife environment as well as the procedures. Some things are very hard to unlearn, especially r/t-wise, once they've become a habit online. Be aware of that.

Whatever you choose: have fun! :-)

Grtz., Hans

Do not use Vatsim, Join IVAO, no testing unless you choose. Vatsim controllers has got too much power and has turned into little dictators.

Back in the day Vatsim was all about helping each other. Not so anymore. IVAO is a much better network.

It's a problem with all volunteer-based organizations, I'm sure, but I have to agree with lavochkin. Way too many Vatsim controllers have chips on their shoulders, become uncivil and rude way too fast and not at all for good cause. Most flight simmers are not professional line pilots, and I think those controllers forget that fact, that we're hobbyists trying to do our best. Surely Vatsim could do a better job, implement some standards of behavior for their over-the-top ATC volunteers. After having to deal more than once with huffy, short-tempered controllers, I just tell people "Good luck with that" when they ask about Vatsim.

Really! That's interesting, I certainly take on board with regards to differing procedures. I do watch a lot of youtube videos on VFR procedures etc.

However I've genuinely not had a problem with any controllers on vatsim, I've always flown VFR only on there in my a2a c182 and found them very helpful and patient

However I've genuinely not had a problem with any controllers on vatsim, I've always flown VFR only on there in my a2a c182 and found them very helpful and patient

I'm sure it depends on what region you fly and who is on duty.

dejaView910.gif

Guest lavochkin

Look at the connections. IVAO has more people connected then Vatsim, most of the time. And all new pilots in vatsim are required take the P1 test (New Rule). I have a total of 7000 hours combined in both networks. IVAO is far better.

And there are other networks available also.

Everyone has a right to choose. Good luck with that.

Look at the connections. IVAO has more people connected then Vatsim, most of the time.

That's not true, neither is it a guarantee that the network atmosphere suits your needs. I agree with you that IVAO has more focus on community processes and that VATSIM focusses more on simulating reallife procedures. Numbers don't say a thing about what each individual likes though.

And all new pilots in vatsim are required take the P1 test (New Rule). I have a total of 7000 hours combined in both networks.

There is no new rule about P1 being mandatory. At least not that I know off.

Everyone

has a right to choose. Good luck with that.

You obviously choose IVAO. That's great, enjoy! IVAO is a nice and established online simulator network. It doesn't need its members talking bad about other networks Rick. So don't.

Grtz., Hans

Guest lavochkin

That's fine. P1 not mandatory??? Ok, but I think your wrong. but I do not care, i do not fly online anymore. I did have issues with vatsim and told off the pres. That was that.

My mouth continues to get me in trouble.

Enjoy your flight.

Archived