X52 Pro Driver

usb777

I posted a similar thread in the hardware section but maybe somebody here can shed some light. I just replaced my video card (burned up the GTX 779) I replaced it with a GTX 1070 very nice and everything works except my X52 Pro. I goobled the issue uninstalled the driver but it just won't reinstall and after any attempts locks up the computer from logging off and have to hard boot. I mean I have tried well obviously not everything but removed the required registry lines and even manually took control of systen32 and removed the 12 files there. I even installed the darn thing on my laptop clean first attempt so am at a loos what is going on. Like I said it worked fine before the new card and I have the Saitek pro Yoke, works fine as well as the old standby Thrustmaster I will try anything at this point but man, it wants to lock up and doesn't seem to complete the installation process. I was hoping to at least get it to work with the generic driver of course the throttle quadrant will not give you all the features and I did at one point but went in the mdf section and unchecked the clutch and locked up the computer Ha!! HelP I thought I might just get the Thrustmaster Warthog since my $23.00 Thrustmaster never an issue but the price is wow. I have read of others with this trouble and tried all I could find but missing something. Maybe something in the new card driver? I know I am reaching now. I am ready to offer a reward!

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Long time X52 Pro user here. The only I could do to get that darn thing to install and work consistently was to disable USB 3 in the bios. This is done by disabling xHCI in the bios. Once I did that, the driver install went as expected and everything was beautiful with my X52 Pro. Of course, now none of your USB 3 devices work as USB 3, they will revert to USB 2. If you attempt to reenable xHCI, your X52 will no longer be recognized by the driver, at least all of this has been my experience. BTW, been using my X52 for nearly 10 years now...though with a bit of cleaning/lub maintenance here and there.

Rod O.

MSFS or BUST!: i7 10700k @ 4.9Ghz, 2x16GB DDR4 @ 4000 cas 16, evga RTX 3080 ti FTW III

Thanks but it worked before even connected to the USB 3 and even now I am trying to install it connected to on of the USB2 I have. Could be the trouble but I need my USB 3 working as well for other things. I to have been using the X52 for ten years myself and this is the first time I have had any trouble other then a mechanical failure like a broken detent or spring.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I am wondering though I just replaced the Video card. I had a GTX 770 and installed a GTX 1070. I am thinking when they installed the new drivers for the new card updated the BIOS something at that is what cause the X52 to stop working. If that's the case I still have the Pro Yoke working and a Thrustmaster stick as well as the Saitek Pro rudders. I have the X52 hooked up to my old single monitor simulator and of course it works over there. I wonder now though if I were to purchase the newer Rino if it would have the same issue. I like the Saitek products but why couldn't they be simple like that $30.00 Twelve year old Thrustmaster. Maybe the Thrustmaster Wort Hog if I can save the money. Ha!

Mike G.

When I first put my most recent (2013) build together, which was the first I had with USB 3, I was able to get the X52 drivers installed and get the thing to work. I remember that install being a nasty affair, and once it worked I knew never to touch anything surrounding it. A year or so later I got my first USB 3 device and found it was not working as USB 3 properly. A little research lead to installing updated mobo chipset and intel drivers. That solve the USB 3 problem, but killed my X52. I would plug it in and it would not be recognized. So I tried reinstalling the driver, which was a complete mess: it would hang every time and lead to having to do "restore point" boots. So more research lead to the fact that the X52 drivers abhor USB 3 (even if your using a USB 2 port for it). In my case, doing the bios xHCI disable fixed everything, but I've read differing stories on what worked for people.

If a shop installed your 1070, ask if they installed any mobo/chipset updates. That may be your issue, and if so, at least you got my story.

Rod O.

MSFS or BUST!: i7 10700k @ 4.9Ghz, 2x16GB DDR4 @ 4000 cas 16, evga RTX 3080 ti FTW III

That sounds about exactly what is happening to me, thanks. I really blame Saitek tough for not making a more user friendly product. The Pro Yoke and peddles were easy enough.

Mike G.

Given the time span that this USB 3 problem has plagued the X52, I too am dismayed and surprised that Saitek (now Logitech) has yet to fix it. My guess is that it is using a really archaic USB controller that defies any software attempt to make it xHCI compatible (xHCI controls both USB 3 and USB 2). I am lucky that none of my FS controllers need USB 3 to work properly.

The X55 and X56 still have severe quality issues, and are somewhat overkill for FS. My next 'stick will be a CH Fighter Stick, but I'll use my X52 throttle with it (if possible) until that goes belly up. When I need to use USB 3, I reboot with xHCI enabled, though obviously I'm not using my X52 when doing so.

Rod O.

What about the Thrustmaster Wart Hog? I know it's expensive but does it have any issues like the X52 and the Saitek Rino?

Mike G.

I've read that it's the intel chipset that is the primary culprit for X52 problems. My mobo has ASmedia USB 3 ports that I'll try, and I am sort of sure that I'd ever tried them with my X52 Pro. I'll let you know if that solves the problem.

This expansion card for the X52 may solve the problem as well: https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Express-Expansion-Connector-Renesas/dp/B004BV6TJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493406448&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=usb%2Bexpansion%2Bcard&th=1

Rod O.

Thanks everybody! I tried it, it worked! In the UEFI, go to Advanced>USB and changed the xHCI setting to disabled.

Mike G.

Excellent! Your USB 3 devices will still work, but only at USB 2 speeds.

I tried loading the X52 drivers using my computer's ASmedia USB ports with xHCI enabled this weekend and it was complete fail. I was prepared with clean restore points, and I'm glad I was. I really cannot say that using that USB 3 adapter card will solve the problem. My gut reaction now says maybe not. In any event, I will not go there since all my expansion slots have cards in them which I cannot do without.

Rod O.

What do you mean by X52 drivers? Are you talking about the profiler? I have never used any Saitek software with my X52 pro and it has always worked like a charm. Disabling your USB 3.0 is not a very good answer.

I have ASmedia ports on my Asus P9X79 motherboard that I built my machine on in 2012 and never seen a problem with any of my Saitek equipment.

I guess if you never want to have USB 3.0 then this will work for you.

Archived