FSX, L-1011 Tristar. Most difficult approaches. Samos, updated.

autosetup

Samos has an extremely tight, right hand final approach, so after watching 737s land here, I've altered the line over the coast, to slightly West of the previous vid. and 2000'. Descent is continuous from there, down to 400' over the white shed. Join overhead SAM 111.6 @ 6000' Turn 160 and descend to 2000'. Turn 340/350 @ 6 miles. Landing weight 340,000lbs gives VRef + 5 as 142kts. Scenery by, Dimitris Ntaskas.

2017-4-15_18-6-23-405.jpg

I'm putting a lot of hours on this JS L 1011 and getting immense enjoyment from it, but it has a few niggles that I wish weren't there. No Autoland. No effective panel lighting. DLC that is usable for straight in approaches, but not very believable overall. But the most annoying thing is the lack of heading bug assignment for my yoke and a bug that is almost unreadable. I never use the 2D panels or engineers station, so I can't comment on them, but the VC, where I spend all my time is beautiful and very detailed. The exterior and liveries are excellent. as are the sounds. The overall flying experience is great, so I would definitely recommend this Just Flight L 1011 TriStar. For the above reasons, I can't give 5 stars, so 4+

..2017-4-13_17-33-19-670.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived