Landing Procedures Stuff

Magician

Hi guys, I have had x-plane 10 for awhile, installed it, only to find that my pc wasn't up to running it very well.

However, just had a PC up grade, so click on the X-pLane 10 and lets get flying..

CT206H StationairHD (payware)

I can create a flight plan using xflightplanner, I can install plan into garmin 530, I can follow using A/P to the planned destination (GPS setting) I then switch from gps to LVOC, this allows me to use the OBS and the LOC, all I do is reduce power, add flaps, and sit back and enjoy.

I must add, I can land plane 8 out 10 times manual, the other 2 times I'm either to slow, and it's like a kite, or to low/high, I have read, that the secret is practice, I have saved my plane around 3mls out (alt around 2k feet) from airport runway, so I can practise landing, which I do, but I also try and learn about navigation of sorts..

A bit long winded (sorry) my question is, how do I go about getting into the patterns around the airports, I notice sometimes on the Garmin there is a pattern some times like a D other times not, I have tried pushing proc button but I am a bit lost when it comes to this, have tried many times and I cant make sense of this.

ANYONE HELP ?

Thank You

Gary

how do I go about getting into the patterns around the airports

With the Autopilot? I dunno, I never tried. I always handfly planes, so I put them into the pattern myself. I also usually use an "overhead recovery" technique. It IS a pattern, just not the usual, commercial airline one. Great for most planes though. Lets me look over the runway, scrubs off speed for a treat, gets all the flaps, trim, power setting all set up well in advance of turning base.

I never let the AP fly planes, except on long flights when I'm at altitude and need to take a restroom break or something. I'll set the AP to hold me on course, do what I need, then come back as fast as I can and take over again. I do all my own flying.

Maybe you could try it yourself? Get the approach charts for an airport and follow them. Great practise for when the AP fails...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived