Anyone using ipads as extra monitors?

stinger2k2

Hi,

I have two ipads which I am hoping to display a glass cockpit on. Has anyone tried the ipad apps which allow you to use them as extra monitors?

It appears that an app called Air Display might do the job

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
I did try this and bought several different apps to do this with. In order for the system to extend the desktop over to the ipad it was doing something weird with the display mode of the main monitor, which was causing graphical glitches in the game I was running and finally decided it wasn't worth the headache I'm currently in the market for some small monitors on the cheap to build a glass cockpit. .

• 1 month later...

Yes! It works brilliantly. I have one ipad running AirManager for the sixpack, another running AirManager for engine gauges and a third minipad running RF Maps as a mount, mounted gps... When flying airliners I instead use Airtrack instead of the six pack Air Mangager software. It all works like a dream.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/lord_mithras/Aircraft/image.jpg9_zpsjmfjizyv.jpg

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

I haven't tried Air Manager. I settled on iDisplay which seems to work well for my glass cockpit, although I am still in the process of building so I have yet to fully test it. If I have problems I'll try Air Manager , so thanks for that info.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Archived