Replacement MB for Asus P67A-UD3-B3.

I built my machine in 2011. it works great with the exception of when I shut it down and then try to restart it, it will take several times of hitting the power button before it will boot. Power supply is new. Also if I do a shutdown and restart, my OC will go back to the lower setting of 3.4 Ghz. This has been going on for years now.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bob G.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

Replaced the battery and still have the same problem.

Thanks for the reply however.

Bob G.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

No. After 6 years I am used to just using the sleep mode and not shutting it down. Sometimes it will hold the bios settings and sometimes it won't. Same with having to use the start button several times before the machine will final boot. It will try to start and then shut down and final after several tries it will boot.

Thanks for your interest.

Bob G.

May have found something.

THe model you mentioned is not from ASUS. It's a gigabyte.

Doesn't matter much.

Anyway, with that mainboard you also got included a driver disk. On it was a utility called "Easytune".

This sets up the overclock from within Windows. (I don't know the specifics).

It may be that is that utility (or a similar one) you have no overclock set up. And that may cause the overclock to disappear after reboot prehaps??

If you have Easytune installed, look into how it works exactly.

(I also see something called: Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - may be worth looking into as well.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, that didn't go well. It wouldn't install and it took me a half hour to get my machine running again. I guess it doesn't work with Windows 10.

No, I meant the opposite.

I thought you may have it installed, and that is what is causing the problem.

If it is installed it controls the overclock settings. So it may even be able to reset those that are in BIOS.

If it is installed, and set to default settings, then overclock in bios has no effect" or something.

I had it on the disk that came with my mainboard. I remember not installing it.

Not sure if it was that one or something similar, but there was something about a overclock-tuning program that could affect bios. (or make overclock in bios not work).

I wish I remember more precisely. It was one of those "not for me, so don't install and forget right away" things...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it looses the settings only when you disconnect it from the wall. (or use black switch on back). And not when wall stays connected, it means the cmos batt is not able to hold the settings. Make sure the contacts in the battery holder are making a good contact. Clean them with contact cleaner. You may have to carefully bend the contact prongs.

Also, make doubly sure you are using a good battery. Not the cheapo 10 pack kind, but a fresh one bought in a computer store. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372369/losing-bios-settings/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It happens sometimes when I do a restart or just shutdown the machine. It's a pain to replace the battery because I have to remove the CPU cooler and then add the paste etc. and install it again.

I can live with it, no problem.

Archived