Hopefully this is just a reminder to everyone regarding 'Pro Flight Simulator'

ntai

I am now receiving spam e mails from this outfit offering me the 'most realistic simulator ever created', and because i'm such a nice guy, i can get it for 89.00. It has various names, and in today's spam e mail it was called something else, but i don't remember after deleting it. I did send a request that they stop e mailing me without expecting them to honour my request, and i was right. It's Flight Gear with a few code changes apparently.. and as you are probably aware, Flight Gear is free to download. I do wish that these people would work for a living instead of scamming people out of their money!

What they are doing is not illegal, but is highly unethical so be careful folks.

I should tell you, never click Unsubscribe on spam mails. That is you indirectly telling spammers that you are reading their mails. You will be spammed even more after that.
http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

Yes, you identify yourself as a 'Live one'. It just confirmed my suspicion that something was not right here, before i did a web search, as a legitimate company would have likely honoured the unsubscribe request. No big deal as they all collect nicely in the spam folder.

I should tell you, never click Unsubscribe on spam mails. That is you indirectly telling spammers that you are reading their mails. You will be spammed even more after that.

And if you have a Bayesian spam filter, you get more material to train it with. The more spam I get, the better my filter gets.

Cheers!

Luke

Most browsers allow you to block unwanted stuff that gets into the spam or Inbox folder. Most will even allow you to report it, usually as a phishing item.

Always worth doing both - blocking each message, or better still, if its from an unique address, setting a block 'rule' that blocks messages based on the @xxxxxxx.xxx part of the address - if from 'mass' email acct providers like Hotmail, Yahoo etc then be careful when using this rule as blocking all @yahoo.com addresses means exactly that.

Regards

Brian

Archived