Certain Doors will not Open - FSX

KA03

The door problem is one that a lot of people struggle with. I've finally figured out how to press the Shift +e + x. The only problem is the only command that works is shift+e+4. All the other ones will open the main entrance. Is there anything that can fix this? I am flying the aerosim 787.

I think the reason the only one that works is shift+e+4 is because normally it is not supposed to open any doors but I may be wrong. I read that in another forum.

Hi KA03,

Unless you've changed the key assignment from the default the correct procedure for controlling the doors is to hold down the Shift key and press E and then release both keys and immediately press the number that corresponds to each door. I'm not certain about the Aerosim 787 but this applies to the default aircraft. One of the default airliners has a problem with one of the key assignments and I don't recall which.

Jim F.

Certain payware aircrafts have the feature to operate the doors through the FMC. Did you check that?

The Aerosim 787's FMC has only one realistic feature - calculating V-Speeds.

It's not advanced enough so as to control anything in the plane itself other than the Nav Radios.

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh250/henrysb/avatar_11769.gif~c200

• 1 month later...

The door control was very helpful, and I finally realized that the problem isn't with the way I press Shift+E+2. On some aircraft even when I use the guage only the main door opens.

This brings up a problem that isn't too big. I have an addon that replaces the default vehicle textures so I have better baggage cars now so I use the default(repainted). The problem is they only approach if your doors are open, and in PMDG aircraft, when you open the doors from the FMC, the baggage cars don't acknowledge that they are open so you have to open using Shift+E. Unfortunately it seems that Shift+E+2 and 3 are not built in. They don't work even with the guage. Is there any fix to this.

Archived