FSUIPC for Garmin 1000

ednixon

I'm wanting to build a control panel with buttons that will activate the various functions on the Garmin 1000 PFD and MFD. But some of those bottons are 'soft'. Their functions changes according to what 'page' you're on or what other function is active. I don't yet have the paid version of FSUIPC, but is that capable of sorting out the button functions? Can it detect what page on.

If I'm not clear yet - if your setting the XPNDR channel, the button row inputs the channel numbers. If XPNDR is not in program mode, those buttons do other things. Is FSUIPC equpped with options to handle that?

I am thinking FSUIPC should give you what you need, but hopefully someone who has modelled the G1000 will comment. I see in the FSUIPC controls listing that all the G1000 softkeys (as well as hard code buttons) can be operated. You should be able to find the users guide on line so you can take a look. If not send a message and I will get it to you.

Yes, it could. However, not without some programming of conditional actions and possibility lua files.

FSUIPC has the ability to make if-else statements by recognizing one button pushed before another. However, that is rather cumbersome with many buttons. A simpler way is to write a lua action file. Now, you must know lua or someone who does. But, it is doable.

John

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

Thanks. I'll take a look at the FSUIPC guide.

Read the advanced guide for macro programning examples and lua guidelines.

John

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

Archived