Helicopter Auto Pilot

Allen24

you might want to take a look ar http://www.dirkfassbender.de/autopilot.html. That's the best AP for helicopters ever. Ok, so it's about the only AP for choppers, but that makes it the best, right? I use it on a number of helicopters, and it works very well.

That link is to his website. He has downloads, tutorials, the whole nine yards. Give it a look.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Fassbenders' AP is FSX only; take a look at this one:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels FS2004 Gauge--VTOL For Helicopters

[ Download | View ]

Name: rcbhhc22.zip

Size: 36,276 Date: 06-05-2007 Downloads: 2,238

rcbhhc22.gif

FS2004 Gauge--VTOL For Helicopters. This package contains a VTOL control gauge for helicopters that works around some FS9 limitations and/or incorrect flight dynamics, which makes them sometimes hard to control, especially at low airspeed and when you have your realism sliders set above minimum. It provides smooth and stable VTOL capabilities, with pilot-controlled ascent/descent rate, longitudinal and lateral speed, heading, pitch and bank; works also in windy conditions; automatic activation below 25 Knots IAS, so does not influence the aircraft's flight characteristics in normal flight; adds an autohover/autopilot function. Requires prior installation of FSUIPC. By Rob Barendregt.

Alan :pilot:

[TABLE=align: center] [TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF] [TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Although Dirk Fassbender has added to the gauge, the original is by Antti Pankonen.

Best to get it already attached to a model, so you can see how it hangs together.

Search the library for "Antti"

An example:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 HelicoptersFS2004 Philippine Air Force Eurocopter AS332 Super Puma

[ Download | View ]

Name: 332paf.zip

Size: 4,865,250 Date: 07-28-2012 Downloads: 1,677

Give it a try, it requires a little effort but gives good results once you get the hang of it.

• 1 year later...
Why not FSX and FSX SE ? :pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

Well, this is the FS9 forum, after all.

That would tend to lead one to believe he was asking for something usable in FS9.

But hey, I may well be wrong. I usually am...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 10 months later...

For FS9 do a google search for AS332 PP-MUM NO PX and read about the 3-axis autopilot in that

helicopter and how to install it in others. That's about the best FS9 has to offer , but it's a good one.

For FSX you have much more to select from.

Archived