Classic liners pics

At a whim I decided to post some of new classic liners on their actual route from-to. I would like to thank all who contribute to the flying sim world who greasily give to this hobby no matter if it is giving advise or downloads, and no matter if it is freeware in my case it is HJG or pay. I use the freeware as I am amazed at what they create for us to use. Enjoy the memories Kenny

1983-Continental-Airlines-DC-9-30-DEN-MSP-sm.jpg

1983 Continental Airlines DC-9-10 Denver

Braniff-B727-200-DFW-ORD-sm.jpg

1963 Braniff Airlines B727-200 departed DFW

Hughes-Airweat-DC-9-31-LAS-SLC-sm.jpg

1972 Hughes Air West DC-9-30 Arriving SLC

PSA-DC-9-30-SFO-RNO-sm.jpg

1967 PSA DC-9-30 arriving RNO

Indeed, the freeware is amazing. Nice shots Kenny!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Those are some beautiful classic jets - hope you had fun flying them! :pilot:
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.†- Leonardo da Vinci :pilot:

Too many to thank personnly, but thanks for your positive words. I enjoyed flying these old liners, as I stated this is my generation as I was born in 1955 so when I was old enough, I went in everyone one of these type of liners by liner names and the others were builder names. Kenny

Great idea Kenny but I never saw a PSA DC-9, it was always a B727 or Avro Smileliner but I know they had them.

Darryl

Darryl, have a look at this web page. Its a photo history of KLAX and the one you're looking for is a little less than half way down the page...

Jon Proctor - LAX Through the Years

http://jonproctor.net/lax-through-the-years/

"Two DC-9-31s were purchased new by PSA in 1967 and 1968, some say for service to smaller cities while others claim they were for other airline crew training contracts; neither stayed around very long. The pictured N981PS, a brother Bob photo, was sold to Venezuelan carrier LAV in January 1970 and wound up with Aeromexico as XA-SDF."

http://jonproctor.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/127-DC-9-31-N981PS-LAX-06-68-Bob-Proctor-860x540.jpg

Speaking of which, if anyone has not seen this web page than have a look as it is a real treat!

Mark

I'm not a liner type, I stick pretty close to piston powered GA planes, low and slow. However, the header said "freeware" and being a strong supporter of the developers who continually give of their time and effort to the betterment of the sim world, I couldn't pass up a look-see. I like your selection, all are classics. They are well displayed and you have done the developers proud, Kenny, congratulations on a fine post!

Thanks once again for such kind words for those who recently posted. When I did this screen post I did not know that it brought such good memories. I looked at all the pics from Marks post, if you haven't checked out his post looking back to LAX I highly recommend do so. Thanks KCD for what you said, it is the truth they do give back to the sim world as for freeware for use to enjoy no matter if it is pistons or liners. I am working on another set of pics of classic liners. Kenny

Archived