starting to build a panel

jarhead2042

so I ordered a circuit board from desktop aviator and getting things in line to start building a smaller panel

. I have seen multiple times FSUIPC4 pop up in discussions, but nothing nailed down if this was something I needed for sure or not. does it open up other options for switches? I have noticed some panel switches when sitting in the airplane that don't pop up under my control/key assignments.

Hi

I am at the same stage as you. Just planning what I need etc. As far as I can see we need a registered version of fsuipc to be able to get all the switches etc assigned.

I am building an Embraer Phenom 300 cockpit but mine will be built in stages.

Good luck with yours.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I highly recommend FSUIPC4 (registered). I have built panels as well as purchased from reputable higher-end dealers such as PFC and GoFlight. And still, even with their specific software find myself turning to FSUIPC4 to get the functionality I need. Also, you can program a different characteristic (slope) in your throttle around the approach thrust region to give more precise control capability. I find this is helpful even though I have a higher-end throttle. I will say, at first the manual is going to make things seem alittle daunting (I still don't like the interface for analogs). But try - fail - try again - see what happens - then success will come to you. And once you figure things out, the sky is the limit. Good luck. If you have questions, we are here to help. One thing about this forum, I always know there is somebody here that knows more than I do :)

I agree with LJ45man. If I had to settle for only one addon, it would be FSUIPC. With the new Lua integration you can do just about anything with it now.

John

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

Sorry to sound like the absolute newbie that I am but what is Lua ?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Don't feel badly. Unless you are into switch programming, changes are you will not have heard of Lua. Lua is a programming language that allows simple and complex operations to be configured to a switch, button, or encoder.

The macro like script can be used to set every L:Var ( local variables often used in gauge programming) in a certain airplane, say A2A's C-182 to a switch or button in your cockpit. A gentleman from Australia has written a Lua script which handles every single cockpit switch, dial, and button in the VRS F-18. If you have a F-18 pit, you can use this Lua script to have your pit operate like the real airplane.

Lua can do things FSUIPC macros can't do. For instance you can not use a FSUIPC macro to allow one switch to set two variables at once (say two battery switches with one cockpit switch). With Lua, you can do that and much more.

I hope this helps,

John

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

Archived