Lyneham fsx

jamtrax56

Previously payware this scenery is now available as freeware and can be found on the downloads section! Released as a tribute to the RAF airbase of Lyneham EGDL in Wiltshire, UK which closed in 2012. Home of the C130 in the UK Lyneham has a long history going back to the 50's. I was involved in the RAF in the 70's and proud to have flown in the Worlds first turbo prop and turbo jet airlines, the Bristol Britannia and De Havilland Comet 4C, both of which were stationed at Lyneham alongside the Lockheed C130 Hercules. I have loads of good memories from that era and was sad to see the base close hence this tribute! 2 years of work has gone into this scenery including research and accurate hand drawn detail on relevant buildings. I hope you enjoy this scenery!

approach1.jpgapproach3.jpgterminal1.jpgterminal3.jpgtower2.jpgapproach9.jpgapproach8.jpgapproach14.jpgterminal6.jpgterminal5.jpgcamp5.jpgmelsome2.jpg

@ David - Great looking scenery. Have spent a great deal of time at Lyneham whilst waiting to fly out to distant lands or, during the mid 80's, being located somewhere on the airfield providing comms during exercises involving 5 Airborne Brigade. We would have a team at Lyneham and usually a team at Keevil and/or on Salisbury Plain (Ex RAF TG11 (then TG4) 1978-2009)...........

@ stinger - its in the library here at Flighsim. Use the drop down menu on the Library button and then select the New Files > FSX Only - as of the time of this post it is number 5 in the list - or use search and use the tag lyneham_fsx.zip to locate it.

Regards

Brian

Archived