Problem with FaceTrackNoIR. Please help

BartZiemski

I got it solved by installing the plugin pack. It tracks when running FreeTrack 2.1 game protocol - but it does not work in FSX.

When I change thr game protocol to FSX SimConnect and press start I get a message "protocol is not (correctly) installed"

I'd appreciate the help.

Bart

I got the SimConnect protocole to work by running three SimConnect.msi files under SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces.

Now the tracking works in the application but still nothing in FSX.

I have been googling for ages and so far no solution.

Bart

Got it right. So I thought I'd share the solution in case someone needs it one day. After installing the plugin and running the sim connect files there are two patches on their web site. One file each. Download files, copy to the right folder overwriting old ones and it should work.

I can appreciate the difficulty in writhing this software and thumbs up to them. It is jumpy which makes pressing buttons in cockpit very difficult. Perhaps would be better with stand alone camera rather than integrated one. I'm also going to try the LED. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bart

So I made the cap. Used red LED's as recommended and filed off the lenses ending up with flat faces on the LED's. But I can't get it to work properly. I am using PointTracket 1.1. I played with settings - most of all the point threshold but there normally seems to be more than one yellow target on each LED. When the threshold is set almost to max there are a lot less yellow targets and from time to time only three. But in game the movements are random or none at all

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160905/0e43ec2fe4d3cee21c1cbf0db6b51309.jpg

Bart

It's working now. Thanks again for your tips Lesh, I wouldn't get this far without you. Took a lot of adjustment on the source settings. Threshold is key. Got mine almost all the way to the right. It also helps to have a secondary source.

It will definitely take some getting used to. But it is smooth and reliable[emoji2]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bart

Archived