What Airbus a340 would you recommend??

kiri

I'd say that the Thomas Ruth A340 (freeware, probably best to download from Rikoooo and get a self installing EXE) is enough.

There are the Wilco and CLS A340, both payware, but they're not worth the money, and are both nowhere near the real thing.

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh250/henrysb/avatar_11769.gif~c200

The MCP in the Wilco A340 VC is 2d (flat, not buttons that actually stick out of the glareshield).

Even in the freeware Thomas Ruth A340, the buttons are actually 3d ones in the VC, and not a 2d panel just stuck into the VC.

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh250/henrysb/avatar_11769.gif~c200

The MCP in the Wilco A340 VC is 2d (flat, not buttons that actually stick out of the glareshield).

Even in the freeware Thomas Ruth A340, the buttons are actually 3d ones in the VC, and not a 2d panel just stuck into the VC.

Who cares about 3d buttons when the aircraft is far from accurate.

I downloaded that thomas ruth plane, and after 5 mins flying i trashed it like any

useless PC file.

Who cares about 3d buttons when the aircraft is far from accurate.

I downloaded that thomas ruth plane, and after 5 mins flying i trashed it like any

useless PC file.

I also had that thomas ruth plane.

got rid of it days after.

Nothing better than a payware, but i would recommend PMDG.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're going to pay $30 for a product that is inferior to the Tomas Ruth freeware model? AFS model also doesn't employ any of the Airbus logic. If you want to fly an A340 with reasonable system modeling, you have 2 choices, Wilco''s Series 2 and the BBS rendition. The latter is an incomplete product and the former was first released over 8 years ago (updated 5 years ago). Honestly, currently, none on the payware A340 are worth the pice. Nevertheless, If you truly want one, do your research and chose between BBS and wilco. Don't waste your time with AFS, the freeware model is far superior. Good luck!

http://secure.simmarket.com/wilco-airbus-series-evolution-vol-2.phtml

• 4 weeks later...
I brought the overland A340 not to long ago, didn't like it at all, uses MSFS database for FMC :(. Not bad model, though now switched to Thomas Ruth A340 and use GPS tracking and manually land (Good Practice :D). I'm still awaiting for Aerosoft's version of the A330, wish they would do A340, that would be superb!!. AFS is total junk, Wilco hit and miss and BBS didn't like inside model awful :(.

Archived