Default Boeing 737 vs default Airbus A320

GridNorth

I've been attempting to set up my "cockpit" to fly the default 737 but found it very frustrating trying to set up some of the switch functions to my spare keyboard. I have also found that some of the graphics, the switch for controlling the MFD for example, are very poor and difficult to operate even with the mouse. The default A320 on the otherhand has cleaner cockpit graphics and the similar MFD switch function is far better and actually works every time. Is the default A320 better or does it just suffer from other issues?

Alan

Hi Alan,

Do an advanced search of the library for a replacement panel - there are loads out there that could be made to fit the default 737. One such panel that I have used in the past, and specifically made for the default 737, upgrades the textures and makes instruments look better. The file in question is called:

fsx737-800_cockpit_texture_upgrade.zip

Whether it will make it easier for you to setup switch functions on a second keyboard is unknown but I find that the overall appearance of the panel is enhanced.

Regards

Brian

I've decided to convert to the Airbus. I have a free full aircraft upgrade for the 737 that includes a working FMC. Is there anything similar for the Airbus. I've tried Google but it only seems to include textures and repaints.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Do a advanced search of the library on this site. If you click on the File Library button a menu list appears, select Advanced Search. On the new page use the Search only file section: drop down menu to select the main search area what you want (for example FSX: FSX Panels) and then in the This exact wording or phrase: box type Airbus A320 and the click on the Start Search button - it should return 7 hits, some of which are suitable for the default model.

It is important to note here that if you type the search phrase I have suggested you will get A320 specific panels. If you simply type Airbus you get 64 hits which include not only the 7 original hits but some other generic panels that might be useful and a load of other panels for the whole Airbus family.

Obviously, you can also find updated A320 models like you have for the 737 - one such author who has a good reputation for making good Airbus models is Thomas Ruth - use this in the same field as you place the Airbus statement and change the drop down menu to the Airliners option will return a listing of all of his stuff, including his original models and repaints by others - not sure if he has done a A320 though and the list contains 380+ entries.

Alternately, you can narrow the search down further by selecting the appropriate boxes under the Only search these file types ... field.

Regards

Brian

Archived