Active Sky vs Steam Active Sky

usb777

Nothing gets by my ha, ha. I di not do enough research before making my move and hoodwinked again but for anyone interested the Dove game active sky is somewhat different the the HiFi addition. Here is what i found if anyone is interested.

ASN-STEAM Edition licenses are sold and handled by Dovetail Games and cannot be interchanged with Standard Active Sky Next products.

Active Sky Next Steam Edition purchased thru the STEAM Store (Dovetail Games) will only function with the STEAM Version of FSX purchased thru Steam.

This version will not work with P3D and also does not have network setup capabilities.

You will need to purchase a standard version of Active Sky Next in order to use it with P3D.

Active Sky Next Standard Editions purchased thru the following distributors listed below

will work with FSX Boxed, FSX STEAM and P3D V2.5 - 3.0 - 3.1- 3.2+.

This also includes Network Setup Capabilities and you can use your same license key for the FSX Box, FSX Steam Edition and P3D version if FSX and P3D is installed on the same machine (Operating System).

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

• 5 months later...

I've got ASN bought through steam and running FSX-SE. On win 7 no problem. Since I've been running win10 I can't even find where to start it. Steam claims it's installed but there is not even ASN weather option in FSX weather settings. It's like it's gone. I searched everywhere to find a short cut or some way to start it. I'm losing hope.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bart

I would contact somebody over at Steam again and explain your issue. Wish I could be of more help.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Archived