New addon suggestions? (I have never paid for any?)

So I have been flying default fsx since 2010 haha, I'm wanting to add to my experience and overhaul my simulator! I'm looking at the aerosoft a318/a319 for a new plane.

Also for weather I'm looking at active sky next.

And for scenery I have a question about GEX, would I be dissapointed with just GEX or do I need to buy UTX to go with it? I really only fly in the US so I don't want to pay big money for FTX global. GEX north America is like $30 right now.

Any suggestions or opinions would be great about these products or others you think I may be interested in!

One more note, I mostly fly commercial on vatsim and the occasional bush plane back country.

2. Another question about performance? I can run default fsx on max settings right now. How should all these big addons run on my system?

pc: i7 6700 quad core

8gb ram

960m 4gb graphics

I bought the Aerosoft A318/319 and the A320/321 as one bundle for a good price (can't remember how much, but it was reasonable). Very, very nice planes. Great look, sound, and systems.

I bought GEX North America a few years ago. It makes the sim look more like the RW. UTX isn't needed, but adding UTX USA really made a big difference. Some of UTX features slow my system down, so I had to back off on a couple of items there, but it still did a lot for the look of my FSX world. My system is nowhere near as robust as yours.

There was an ORBX sale awhile back and I picked up FTX Global and removed GEX, because they are not compatible. UTX still plays nicely with FTX, so it is still installed.

If you get ASN, consider getting REX Soft Clouds to go with it. They are awesome together. I find that ASN does not seem to cause any performance hit for me.

Other payware aircraft that I have bought and really like are the PMDG 737 NGX; the QW BAe-146/Avro RJ package; the CoolSky DC-9; the CS 727, L1011, and 707; and the Majestic Dash-8Q400.

Archived