Earth Simulations Installer?

Lord_Nibbo

I'm desperate to get an Earth Simulations Installer for for FSX Steam. I stupidly deleted mine anyone know where I can obtain one from?
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

I know all that, I do have the packs backed up that's why I need the installer.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

I have v2.4.0 of the ESI installer, dated 02/09/2013. I do not know if it works with SE but it is the latest one I can find on my system. I tried attaching it here but it won't let me. If you PM me an email address I will send it to you.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Sorry for hijacking the this thread, I have the installer and ESI packs but can't retrieve my serial numbers. I thought that they were supposed to be saved automatically. Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Rich -

See para #3 in post #12 here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?286414-Earth-Simulations-ceased-trading . The serial numbers should be embedded in the downloaded packs.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Hi Doug

That's what I thought but whenever I try to install an ESI pack it asks you for your new serial number, leaving it blank doesn't work and entering any number is no good. I wondered if the packs were tied to an E Mail address but I've tried changing that as well in fact I have tried all of my E Mail and password combinations. Such a shame I bought a lot of ES scenery and really like it.

Cheers

Rich

• 2 months later...

Hello

your saved ESI packs can be opened with WinRAR but you then need to manually add the unzipped folders correctly, it requires a bit of juggling but can be done.

if you are used to copy, paste and juggling folders within windows ect

Regards

Hello

your saved ESI packs can be opened with WinRAR but you then need to manually add the unzipped folders correctly, it requires a bit of juggling but can be done.

if you are used to copy, paste and juggling folders within windows ect

Regards

You sir are a genius, I've managed to extract the files and now need to get them to work in FSX at the moment I can add the files but when their active FSX won't load. I've tried the ordinary way within FSX and also tried to add through Scenery Config Editor but still no joy, but we are another step closer.

Thanks again

Rich

I found that Winrar opens the .ESI compressed folders, I have since un zipped each ESI folder for all of ES sceneries ( I have them all) when they where de compressed I merged each folder that had the same name, I now have a list of ES folders ( Channel Isles,ES-3D, Escapes3D, ES-FX, Isle of man, Isles of Scilly) and folders required for p3d/ FSX ( Effects, Scenery, Simobjects, Sound, Texture) I used the symbolic link method to link then to p3d. This does work, to check I have removed the folders and lost textures effects and sounds. or place them in the respective P3d / FSX folders.

note that some folders / files have %20 in the name this is incorrect and should be a space

i.e ES-Shawbury%20AB%20EGOS

should be ES-Shawbury AB EGOS

not sure why WinRAR unzips like this so unfortunately its a manual check and change to correct name.

2 files I had problems with also was GAMEBldMain.dds and GAMEBldOffice.dds in the ES-3D texture folder they where there but no textures displayed. In MCX missing texture finder the ES-Industrial-Buildings.bgl was looking for GAMEBl~1.dds and GAMEBl~2.dds I renamed them and all ok.

I have all Earth Sims working flawlessly in P3d using this method except I am missing Sleap control tower missing. ( no Idea why so use I uk2000 version of Sleap )

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for all the information, I see now why Shawbury was freezing FSX (%20) so I should now be able to get it working the only thing I'm not sure about is the symbolic link method. Will I be able to get ES Trees working using the same technique.

Thanks again

Rich

Hello

I use the symbolic link method only as I use p3d v3 and it is not recommended to include additions in the p3d root folder. (I think it is a p3d v3 trait) If you are using FSX I would just merge the unzipped Effects, Scenery, Simobjects, Sound, Texture folders ect with the respective FSX folders in the FSX root folder and then add the rest of the ES folders to the FSX scenery in the usual way.

you can download the earth simulations autogen config files from arm computers to install to the fsx autogen folder.

The Treescape can be done in a similar way but I cannot remember where the tree textures go I will have to do some revision.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

hi

Just checked, Treescape unzip will provide 2x .EXE files to run, 1 to install autogen to horizon photo scenery and the other to install to uk2000 airfields, the tree textures belong in FSX, Scenery , Global, Texture folder

The ESI Installer can be down loaded from ARM computers ( Google) there is a page dedicated to Earth Simulations

I'm desperate to get an Earth Simulations Installer for for FSX Steam. I stupidly deleted mine anyone know where I can obtain one from?

• 10 months later...

I've downloaded this to facilitate installation of the DVD version I have, however when i click to install i get the message: 'invalid drive:/G'.

Never had this before, and I can't seem to find a method to make it work. Any ideas?

Archived