Wishful thinking - FSCommander plus Windows 10+Steam SE+Airport Design Editor

Clarindo

Yes I know that things will not work in some computers while executable perfectly in others - might even be identical ones.

Configurations work miracles or mayhem, guess I know that too.

It so happens that I run my desired FSCommander and use Airport Development Editor 1.67 with the subject combination to successfully add MOST of the intended ILS to some airports. I have read e-mail from authors that the adaptability to Steam-SE is not supposed to happen and for the time being this will not be considered - not yet enough customers in the Steam-SE market.

But the fact remains that I have been able to use ADE to add ILS to FSX-SE airports which will show and function perfectly in the FSCommander map.

The satisfactory result ratio I would say is some 70% and for those 30% where the ILS will not graphically show in the FSCommander map the ILS frequency (only) will appear there under a mouse click and will also appear in the FSX-SE map. Therefore it has been installed even though not map displayable.

Congratulations to those of you who have this setup functioning 100%.

I have also read about conflicting FSX and FSX-SE installations, about how to clean the registry and quite some material about ways to circumvent this problem. Most of them beyond my limited computer capability and courage to try.

Hope this is not written in a thoroughly confusing manner, but I am posting this wishful thinking fpr a rapidly growing FSX-SE crowd that may materialize soon enough to encourage the whatever needed improvement in FSC, or ADE, or FSX-SE, whichever.

Must say that it is amazing how a missing 30% of total projects spoils the enormous satisfaction of otherwise satisfactory achievements.

Best of all to everybody.

Clarindo

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU - RAM 8GB DDR3

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 series - 3 LDE Monitors - FSX STEAM

Archived