Removing FSX completely

Darrin

Hello!

I have uninstalled FSX Gold in reverse order but I don't know how to remove FSX entries from Registry. It appears there are also some scattered files (audio, panel, etc.) here and there and it feels like it could take forever to hunt down every single file.

I am also nervous about using a Registry cleaner because I've read it can wreak havoc on your system, depending on what it removes.

Is there a be-all, end-all removal tool that will actually "scavenger" for any/all FSX entries throughout the entire hard drive and remove them safely so I can perform a fresh install?

Thanks!

Darrin

Okay, thanks! I actually went into the Registry Editor and deleted the Microsoft entries in the HKEY_CURRENT USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

I hope that did it.

Hopefully you drilled into those keys and deleted the Microsoft Games\flight simulator\10 keys.

Because if you deleted the Microsoft keys your computer may be in deep doodoo.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

The best instructions I've seen for uninstalling and reinstalling FSX are here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx .

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Archived