AMD Raedon AA Settings not working?

beany_bot

I'm an nVidia guy so I know little to nothing about AMD but I'd change the anti-Aliasing Level to something other than 4x. I don't know what options you have there but try 8X, 16X, or 32X if you can do that. I think 4X is about the same as the default and, if so, you won't see much difference.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I'm an nVidia guy so I know little to nothing about AMD but I'd change the anti-Aliasing Level to something other than 4x. I don't know what options you have there but try 8X, 16X, or 32X if you can do that. I think 4X is about the same as the default and, if so, you won't see much difference.

Doug

Tried that, doesnt make a difference. Just doesnt seems to be engaging in the game. or to put simply. working at all.

I'm NVidia and have never touched the card settings in all the 8 years I've had FSX, I simply juggle the ingame Filtering and AA settings at bottom left below, that's what they're there for..:)-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-Graphs_zpswyqgkwao.jpg~original

Trust me, the game looks 100x better using nvidia inspector over those terrible in game settings.

Trust me, the game looks 100x better using nvidia inspector over those terrible in game settings.

Trust me, I've been playing flight sims and games for 33 years (including 8 of them with FSX), and default FSX looks beautiful on my screen straight out of the box, I don't need no steenkin nvidia inspector..:)

Hello

I've always used the default in game AA settings.

I know all the accepted advice is not to do this.

I find it works well for me.

Like the OP I also have an AMD processor (this also runs my sims X and 9 very well despite the misgivings of most concerning AMD processors )

Like OP I also found the Radeon settings for AA did nothing ,and the same applied when I had an Nvidea Gcard in my now defunct XP PC setup.

That is why I opted for the default.

Anyways thoughts

Andy

I have an Intel CPU but an AMD graphics card (390x).

All I can say is it really is worth it. The difference is staggering. It clears up all the jaggy lines, shimmering. Basically makes the game look like a modern title. And it costs you nothing to do because with using the in game AA settings your graphics card is basically doing nothing in FSX. the CPU does all the work. So not only does using nvidia Inspector / raedon settings make the game look much much better. It actually slightly lightens the load on your CPU. The raedon settings work fine for me now. What card do you have and I will try and help you get it working because it really makes a big difference. I had to make sure I was using drivers 15.12 then it worked fine. FSX.exe is set to run as administrator if that makes a difference I don't know but maybe.

• 5 years later...
I have an Intel CPU but an AMD graphics card (390x).

All I can say is it really is worth it. The difference is staggering. It clears up all the jaggy lines, shimmering. Basically makes the game look like a modern title. And it costs you nothing to do because with using the in game AA settings your graphics card is basically doing nothing in FSX. the CPU does all the work. So not only does using nvidia Inspector / raedon settings make the game look much much better. It actually slightly lightens the load on your CPU. The raedon settings work fine for me now. What card do you have and I will try and help you get it working because it really makes a big difference. I had to make sure I was using drivers 15.12 then it worked fine. FSX.exe is set to run as administrator if that makes a difference I don't know but maybe.

I'm using a Radeon RX-580 and cannot get the Radeon anti-aliasing settings to work with FSX SE. When I click on the ? next to the various anti-alias Radeon settings, most of them say "Only affects DirectX 9 applications". I believe FSX SE uses DirectX 10. Do you think that's the reason my Radeon anti-aliasing settings aren't working?