TCASII v7.0 system fail

MA345

I have Lee Hetherington's TCAS modules for FS2004. I recently upgraded computer systems from Win7 to Win8.1 then to Win10, and finally back to Win8.1. Under XP and Win 7 the TCAS system worked. Under 8.1 after the up/down reinstall no. I have checked installation instructions, and everything seems to be in place. The system works on my OLD XP computer. Before I go into any more troubleshooting (i.e. beating my head into a wall) I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had this problem, and if they were able to correct the problem.

Thanks for you help in advance,

Robert

I vividly remember the day whenever my employer said I'd have to upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows XP. Reason ..... newer software didn't run on Windows 98 anymore.

I also am reminded that some services that I used to use .... I can't use anymore because they no longer support operation on Windows XP (yep .... still using it).

Moral of the story ...... not everything works on everything. Ya gotta know when to hold em .... know when to fold em.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have Lee Hetherington's TCAS modules for FS2004. I recently upgraded computer systems from Win7 to Win8.1 then to Win10, and finally back to Win8.1. Under XP and Win 7 the TCAS system worked. Under 8.1 after the up/down reinstall no. I have checked installation instructions, and everything seems to be in place. The system works on my OLD XP computer. Before I go into any more troubleshooting (i.e. beating my head into a wall) I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had this problem, and if they were able to correct the problem.

Thanks for you help in advance,

Robert

I'm not sure how to fix the issue you're finding with Windows 10, and stuff like that sucks, but have you seen the XML Traffic Radar by Arne Bartels? I just got it working and it's a super easy install. The update allows TCAS data to be displayed in the stock GPS 500. The drawback(s) being that it's in all aircraft which use that gauge, and you might not be using the stock GPS. I think it's a feature but it is a matter of what fits.

Anyway, I just tested the update and had a couple of near misses where an aircraft indicator went from white to yellow to red. Next thing I knew there was a Metro flashing by my windscreen. The update also displays the relative vertical distance as other TCAS gauges. But unless you add some xml properties to it, it's not going to be as sophisticated as Lee's gauge.

It does seem work well and I haven't run into any issue with it...after one short flight. I guess that means the jury is still out though it looks promising. If you've already tried Arne's update, the I apologize in advance for making you read this!

Best of Luck...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=103096

Andy,

Are you running FS9 with any compatibility settings? I'm wondering if that might fix the .dll issue with TCASII v.7.

Thanks for getting back hopefully,

Robert

Hello Robert.

Iam certain I didn't have to use comparability mode.

I did install fs9 outside the default location though (as is the comman practice)

I.E.... C:fs9

I can't say why you are having trouble with Lee's gauge.

I do remember that while installation was a relatively simple affair ,It did need careful reading of the instructions ,more so than other freeware gauges.

I hope you get it sorted,if not there are other tcas gauges (I am pretty sure Glen Copeland produced one)

Lee's is supposed to be the most realistic representation though.

Cheers Andy

PS why not try compatibility mode if you think it might help.

Hello

I am not to sure of my facts here (reasonably competent ,but not a tech boffin)

But its a well known issue when installing fs9 into w8.1 (probably 7 and 10 as well)

That you must not install to the default location (C; programs something )

W8 is VERY security minded and installing into that default location may? cause administrator issues.

Create your location I.e. mine is C:fs9 and you should find life a little easier.

Having said that I don't pretend to know if by doing this ,it will help with your LHs tcas problem.

All I can say is its running as it should for me ,using Windows 8.1

It fails and causes crash if used in FSX though.

There are some very good tech people on this site Longbreak 754 being one, he may be able to advise you better than I have done.

Cheers Andy

Archived