SDK and BGL Compiler SDK

gdr1944

Hello:

ADE165 just informed me that my SDK is to old.and this is getting old.

Now, I have a fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe that I downloaded several months ago and must have installed it.

I have SDK shortcuts binded to SDK's that don't exist.

OK fine do I just delete the Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK folder because it is not listed in the add remove menu.

and run the fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe (again).

Army Engineer Veteran..Busted for insubordination Nam-1966 :cool:

The FSX SDK is included on your DVDs, nothing to download.

The ultimate SDK install guide is here- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29

You must have the SDK version that matches your FSX version.

ADE must "see" the SDK for it to be able to compile airports.

peace,

the Bean

Yes, if the SDK is not listed in the Remove Programs list then just delete what you have and reinstall.

Follow the instructions in the Wiki that math your FSX version!

Do not install the SDK into the Program Files folder!

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Ok..Ill look for the SDK on my FSX_CD

Thanks again, your always there to help..(When I make sense)

Up date:

Can't find FSX Delux BOX....yet

Nope can't find the FSX CD's

The SDK I un-installed is the same SDK I installed from FSX_CD.

ADE165 is still in error: Your Bgl Compiler will not compile correctly. Update to at least SP1a. Click Fix to open the download page in your browser.

I really dislike anything SDK

Just re-read your post

Do not install the SDK into the Program Files folder!

so I have to uninstall again and reinstall where>

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK

Re-installed SDK from FSX-CD to G:\Installed FSX_Apps\SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK

ADE165 error Your Bgl Compiler will not compile correctly. Update to at least SP1a. Click Fix to open the download page in your browser.

Do I uninstall FSX SDK and install SP1a.SDK

I think (assuming you're running FSX+Accel) what you need to do is double click SDK.msi which is in the SDK folder on the Accel disk.

I don't know what you mean..I clicked the (SDK) setup.exe

The question is...to get ADE to compile ...Do I uninstall FSX SDK and install SP1a.SDK that I downloaded.

There's a file on the Accel disk in the SDK folder named SDK.msi, that installs the Accel SDK. Assuming you're running FSX+Accel it's important that your SDK version match the FS version. If you double click SDK.msi it will take care of uninstalling the SP1a SDK and replacing it with the Accel SDK on it's own so no need to uninstall anything

Setup.exe was on the first disk and it installs the RTM SDK, from there you need to go to Sp1a (which it sounds like you've done) and finally to the Accel SDK (or the SP2 SDK assuming you have FSX SP2 without Accel).

The reason you have to go through this nonsense is chronological, first they released FSX Deluxe RTM and an RTM SDK. Three months later they released SP1a and an accompanying SP1a SDK, 3 more months later they released SP2 and Accel and accompanying SDKs for both of those versions. Each update/service pack was designed to automatically remove the prior and replace it with the current.

OK///I did what you asked and MFSX:Accl SDK Setup is asking me to insert the disk.

I already have the Accl disk inserted.

Besides it looks like Accl is trying to install to my FSX folder

SDK is not a single step to install. Depending on your sim version, you will have to do multiple installations of different SDK versions until it finally is complete. For example, for FSX with Acceleration you have to install three different SDK versions in the correct order for it to work.

I really urge you to follow the FSDeveloper link that Bean posted above and work through it thoroughly. Afraid there is no other way to get a working SDK.

SDK is not a single step to install. Depending on your sim version, you will have to do multiple installations of different SDK versions until it finally is complete. For example, for FSX with Acceleration you have to install three different SDK versions in the correct order for it to work.

I really urge you to follow the FSDeveloper link that Bean posted above and work through it thoroughly. Afraid there is no other way to get a working SDK.

I know (now) SDK is not a single step to install

I know (now) not to install to default drive (Bean.... do not install the SDK into the Program Files folder!)

I did each step and when I tried to install the Acceleration SDK install setup asks me to insert a disk......The Acceleration disk IS in the diskdrive.

I hate SDK

Never did get simconnect to work.

I know (now) SDK is not a single step to install

I know (now) not to install to default drive (Bean.... do not install the SDK into the Program Files folder!)

I did each step and when I tried to install the Acceleration SDK install setup asks me to insert a disk......The Acceleration disk IS in the diskdrive.

I hate SDK

Never did get simconnect to work.

Could be a defective disk maybe?

Don't know what else to tell you. I did this just two weeks ago on an old laptop, first the SDK from the FSX disk, then the SP1a update from the Acceleration disk, then finally the Acceleration SDK itself. No hiccups whatsoever. That laptop did not even have FSX installed. (And I always use the default paths btw.)

Copied from FSDeveloper:

1. FSX must not be running.

2. Browse the FSX Deluxe Edition disk 1

3. Open the SDK sub-folder

4. Double-click the setup.exe

5. Tell it where to install

6. Insert your Acceleration Pack DVD.

7. Browse to the subfolder called SDK\SP1a\

8. Install the SDK SP1A from there using fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, (dated 26/09/2007, size 165,569KB).

9. Browse to the folder called SDK\

10. Install the Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK using sdk.msi, (dated 06/10/2007, size 216,929KB).

Btw. SimConnect works on your machine, or else most of the addons in your DLL.XML would not do anything.

There are known problems with DVD drives reading these disks. Some people have problems, other's don't. I can't run either of the SDK installers directly from Accel the disk for example, I had to copy the installers from the disk onto my hard drive before I could run them. I was however able to run the RTM installer off Disk 1. It may be a copy protection thing.

I did this blog entry at the time, maybe it'll help:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/entry.php?577-Installing-The-SDKs-From-The-FSX-Gold-Disks

There are known problems with DVD drives reading these disks. Some people have problems, other's don't. I can't run either of the SDK installers directly from Accel the disk for example, I had to copy the installers from the disk onto my hard drive before I could run them. I was however able to run the RTM installer off Disk 1. It may be a copy protection thing.

I did this blog entry at the time, maybe it'll help:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/entry.php?577-Installing-The-SDKs-From-The-FSX-Gold-Disks

Oh, that's right, thanks! I didn't run the physical disks either, have them as images on an external HDD box posing as a DVD drive.

Hello:

I hope this is my last post.

Would everyone recommend that I un-install what ever SDK I have and start over?

I believe I have enough info to properly install in order all SDK's

I wasn't aware of the CD problem so with that in mind and copying SDK Accel Sp1 to a temp folder.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

GDR1944

OK this is my last post.....

I know this the first time SDK has been installed in the proper order.

thanks again...if I could buy all a beverage of your choice (beer) I would.

GDR1944

Archived