If you think about buying an addon from the Steamstore.....Be warned!

ceesdonker

If you think about buying an addon from the Steamstore for your FSX-SE, think twice, or better buy the addon from the original publisher! Their addons don't work properly and once you've tried to get this addon to work, and invest a few hours, they tell you bluntly you've played with it for more than two hours and so you're not eligible for a refund!

I've had it with these folks. I'll never buy another addon as DLC.

Cees Donker (a flightsimmer since 1998, who never has asked for a refund, because I never experienced this before, i.e. that they let you buy an addon that isn't working)

If you think about buying an addon from the Steamstore for your FSX-SE, think twice, or better buy the addon from the original publisher! Their addons don't work properly and once you've tried to get this addon to work, and invest a few hours, they tell you bluntly you've played with it for more than two hours and so you're not eligible for a refund!

I've had it with these folks. I'll never buy another addon as DLC.

Cees Donker (a flightsimmer since 1998, who never has asked for a refund, because I never experienced this before, i.e. that they let you buy an addon that isn't working)

When you say it's not working, you couldn't provide some details about that? These forums are as much about sharing information as making a vague point. Somebody may be able to provide you some solutions, or we all could have learned something other than it doesn't work.

Steamstore...they tell you bluntly you've played with it for more than two hours and so you're not eligible for a refund!..

At least they're not ignoring you like some other firms do!

Maybe your mail was answered by a little girly secretary in their front office who didn't know about tech advice.

Tell us more about the product and your computer specs etc like RCChopper said so we'll be able to work out if your computer or the product is to blame..:).

As one who has been involved in flight simming for many years, I have to stick up for Steam here. I ran both boxed and Steam for sometime, finally uninstalling the boxed version. I have purchased several of their DLC, and admittedly did have a few issues. HOWEVER, I found their support to be superb. I have had an issued referred to Dovetail by the support folks at Steam and have been treated superbly, with them staying with the issue until resolved. I must also say that their support far exceeds that from some of the high dollar product producers. Give us some details, rather than just throwing rocks. There is probably somebody who has had a similar or same issue.

Habu

Yet another stroppy customer. First off, all the content sold on steam for FSX SE is guaranteed to work with steam edition. If it fails to work properly on your system, its your system at fault. That is why you are not eligible for a refund, because nothing is wrong with what you were sold. The error is between the seat and the keyboard.

I really dont like some of steams practices and TOS, but if you cant get content to run that's on your end. Plus spamming the same thread across multiple sites rather does make it look like you are just after attention and not actually bothering to resolve the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me just chip in with a word of praise for Steam stuff in general-- I installed Armed Assault 3 a couple of days ago from Steam and it installed smooth as silk, AND auto-installed all the latest updates and patches without me having to go chasing round looking for them..:)

I've also got Shogun and Beyond Earth on Steam and the story's the same there too; any new patches and updates auto-install whenever you boot up the game.

Archived