FSX VC Textures

-vick

I have some time on my hands, so I decided to get back on FSX and do something a little differently.

I found a freeware Dash-8 from the Premier Aircraft Design Team, it looks and flies great, but I'm not liking how the VC looks, so I decided that I'd try and edit the VC textures. Before I go any further, Ill just say that I have no experience in 3D modeling but I do with Photoshop.

First question, where is the texture file usually located? (ex; model/texture/panel folder)

Second question, I tried to open some .bmp files and it said that its not a valid bitmap file. Any way I can open it?

Thanks in advance,

-Vick

The VC textures will be in the texture folder(s), not the panel folder.

To open these files you need DXTBmp to first convert them.

You can find that polished gem of a piece of software at- http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/index.htm

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Since you use Photoshop, you don't really need DXTBMP at all. Just download and install the free nVidia DDS Plugin for Photoshop.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Since you use Photoshop, you don't really need DXTBMP at all. Just download and install the free nVidia DDS Plugin for Photoshop.

I do not think any PAD aircraft are FSX native, so they probably do not have .DDS textures, which is why I recommended he use DXTBmp.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I do not think any PAD aircraft are FSX native, so they probably do not have .DDS textures, which is why I recommended he use DXTBmp.

peace,

the Bean

Yeah, they're ported over from FS2004. I havent seen any other freeware Dash-8's around with VC's.

-Vick

Archived