Scenery Library Disabled

salsim

Until now I have had no problems accessing my FSX scenery library and the various controls that operate within it. I recently downloaded Scenery Config Editor and after setting preferences I tried disabling two addon scenery files and when prompted to save before exiting the program a very long and involved error message appeared, which I did not keep a copy of, but just closed the program. I then opened FSX as I normally do from a desktop shortcut and went to Settings and clicked on Scenery Library which opened as a blank screen, no scenery files showing and the controls grayed out. There was a message box stating that the Scenery Library controls have been disabled and require Administrator status to use. Now when I open FSX as Administrator the Library appears and the controls function. I have since uninstalled SCE to no effect. While running FSX as Administrator is no big deal I am curious as to what may have caused this issue. I know that running FSX in earlier versions of Windows, ie: Vista, XP etc required the Administrator Status to make changes to Scenery Library but Win 7 does not. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or suggestions as to a fix.
Intel I7-3770 3.4G, 12GB DDR3, Win 7-64 bit, 600WPSU, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 650ti-Boost, 1TB HDD©, 250GB SDD(F), 4 Monitors

I'd check what security settings are in place for C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and the files within the folder, especially scenery.cfg. What you see in the GUI are the contents of this file. If for example "Everybody" or your user no longer have full access rights, then this might happen.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I did look at security permissions for FSX and found User permissions were incorrect. I corrected and now am back to normal. Did not have to go to a previous version but will keep in mind for future reference. Flight Sim Forum proved once again its' value. "You can teach an old dog new tricks."
Intel I7-3770 3.4G, 12GB DDR3, Win 7-64 bit, 600WPSU, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 650ti-Boost, 1TB HDD©, 250GB SDD(F), 4 Monitors

Archived