FSX Not reading AI BGL written with AIFP3

ColR1948

As the tiltle says, I wrote 2 flight plans using AIFP version 3, it is the first time I've used it I normally use TTools.

The reason I didn't use TTools was correct me if I'm wrong but I am under the impression that FSX will disregard it's other flight plans if a BGL witten with TTools is present in the scenery folder, is that right?

I looked in the scenery folder and the BGL is there along with the other Traffic bgl but for some reason FSX isn't reading it, I made sure it was compiled and saved and like I said it is in the folder, just to check I later opened it with AIFP and the plan was there.

bgl's - two types - FS9 and FSX - But you can't see the difference, because both are.bgl

In FSX:

FS9 files will display.

FSX files will display.

Both present? --> then you see only the traffic from fs9 files.

-------

(it is possible to convert .bgl traffic files from fs9 to fsx and vice versa.)

----------------------

TTools --> makes fs9 style.

AIFP --> can make both types, as desired.

----------------------

Solution.

I expect all your older files were created with TTools.

And never converted to FSX type.

Then all your older files are FS9 type.

Now you created one with AIFP that does not sow. Probably because it has been created as FSX-type .bgl file.

Open the .bgl you made in AIFP again, and click "convert to FS2004-type"

------------------------------------

-----------------------------------

better solution:

Convert all your trafficplans that you have installed to fsx type.

You can select a file in "convert to -- "

but you can also select a folder, for example ..\scenery\world\scenery

and convert all files in one go.

Converting a fs9 plan to fsx style will delete all flights to airports that existed in fs9 but that are not in fsx. A good thing generally, or you get planes landing (crashing) in very weird places.

To have a better look at what you are doing, and more info:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282842-Where-do-AI-airplanes-go

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When I wrote these new flight plans I made sure the FSX box was ticked and not the FS9.

Perhaps I wasn't clear on that sorry, I have written many flight plans for FS9 using ttools, I wanted to try a test flight pland in FSX so this was why I used AIFP.

There must be something I'm doing or not doing so I will look at your link for further advice thank you.

If you have fs9 and fsx plans installed, you will only see the fs9 plans fsx.

So if the old installed ones are fs9, and you now also install 2 fsx plans, you won't see the new ones.

To see them you must

1- remove the fs9 plans temporarily.

Or

2- convert your new plans to fs9.

Or

3- convert all old fs9 plans to fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I checked with AIFP and I have no FS9 plans, I opened Super Traffic Board and the aircraft in my FP is listed but STB won't let me see it, I'm at the airfield and the flights from there are listed, I'm 8 minutes away from the take off time but it won't let me select AI view.

So I must have done the FP right for it to be listed but now the problem lies with STB, again probably some setting I must activate may be.

Archived