wilco a320 nose up

Tigani

Hello

I have Wilco A320 , descending in autoland is a problem

the nose goes up like 10 degrees i cant even see the runway

the VS in this position is -700 and if i get the nose down to normal the VS go to -1600 !!

any Help ?

Assuming that the airplane model and panel are well designed and can be flown well (not always true!) and that the issue is your technique, sounds like you are either way too slow and/or not using enough flap. Roughly speaking, descent on glide slope with full flap ought to be about 130 kias and 700 fpm down.

Or, alternatively, consider shifting the eyepoint up. There's a default keyboard command to do that (I don't remember off hand). Could be the airplane is such that the only way to see the runway on a normal approach is to do this.

Nadlzfw

Assuming that the airplane model and panel are well designed and can be flown well (not always true!) and that the issue is your technique, sounds like you are either way too slow and/or not using enough flap. Roughly speaking, descent on glide slope with full flap ought to be about 130 kias and 700 fpm down.

Or, alternatively, consider shifting the eyepoint up. There's a default keyboard command to do that (I don't remember off hand). Could be the airplane is such that the only way to see the runway on a normal approach is to do this.

Nadlzfw

Speed is ok

flaps full

my eyepoint is always 0.78 .. is this the normal ?

anyway i think its a aircraft.cfg problem ?

Trim value , flaps scalar , pitch ... i dont know something like that

Do you have a Pilot's Handbook type thing for that bird. It should tell you what the pitch should be during approach. If it's correct, then move your eyepoint UP. Use F10 to see the keyboard command. I THINK UP is SHFT+ENTER, DOWN is SHFT+BKSPC (Backspace). The o.78 is the Zoom factor you are at, and can be changed using the + and - keys. It makes the eyepoint ZOOM in or out, like a camera with a zoom lens, or a variable zoom rifle scope.

From the 2D cockpit, you can also hit W to make the instrument panel go away and a few gauges show up, so you can land it much more easily. This is called a minipanel, and is exactly what it is, a mini-version of the panel with just the necessary gauges for flight on it. You can also DL various different sorts of minipanels from the library here. Some are actually really good, and packed with information, but presented in a very readable, easy to use manner, yet still keeps the main view of everything readily visible.

Glass Cockpit w-pop-ups.jpg

Glass Cockpit.jpg

Just for example...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

thank you sir for your post

but I Prefer using the normal 2D panel for more realistic

still waiting for the answer ...

Well if you want realistic then you should be using VC. I personally don't understand why anyone would want to use auto land, flying isn't flying unless you actually flying the thing. Before you look to blame the cfg files for you lack of ability perhaps you just need some old fashioned practice in something you can actually fly.

Harsh maybe, but that's the facts.

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Did you try moving your eyepoint UP, as I mentioned? It's very similar to raising your seat up a little in the real world...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well if you want realistic then you should be using VC. I personally don't understand why anyone would want to use auto land, flying isn't flying unless you actually flying the thing. Before you look to blame the cfg files for you lack of ability perhaps you just need some old fashioned practice in something you can actually fly.

Harsh maybe, but that's the facts.

And if The vis was 2 Miles what i should do :)

I can't imagine anyone using autoland, but if you are, why do you need to see the runway? The 3D panel is more realistic than the 2D and you can move your viewpoint a little to the left to see the runway if you really need it.

Bob

I can't imagine anyone using autoland, but if you are, why do you need to see the runway? The 3D panel is more realistic than the 2D and you can move your viewpoint a little to the left to see the runway if you really need it.

Bob

As we are talking Airbus here, computers rule and autoland is king. If I want to fly manually I go to something like the 707.

With autoland you don't need to see the runway. Just trust the machine. However, the high nose up attitude with flaps is not something that I like either. That can be tuned out using Airwrench, but that is payware.

Maybe I know what your problem is. Even I had similar problems when I transitioned from flying small GA airplanes to the heavy iron. I would always be too nose up on approach and could hardly ever see the runway without using shift+enter. Maybe you are flying the approach at too high a gross weight at a speed too low. Try decreasing your gross weight by reducing the fuel on board to just above reserve levels and now fly the approach with a proper vref and flap setting for that weight. You'll probably see that at the vref the aircraft can be kept nearly nose level for a good descent rate of approximately 700fpm for a standard 3 degree glideslope.

Archived