FSX Black screen after exiting flight or using alt menus in flight

Firebirdss90

This issue is weird non the less i don't know if it is common or not. But what I do know and I don't want to hear it is that my computer is way out of spec to run this game. Yes I can run this game I'm not to big on graphics just want a nice game to play doesn't need to be 1080p with 60 frames at 1920x1280

Specs

Cpu: AMD Sempron 145 Processor

Gpu: ATI Radeon hd 4200

Mem: 4gbs DDR3 ram

I have also discovered more about my situation. I can alt-enter and all windows work perfectly but when I'm in full screen end flight or the menu bar in flight show black screen and I half to press enter to get out. This problem is very unusual to me if some one could respond that would be great

Specs

Are you using win10 and a amd videocard as well?

I've seen several people now that have issues in fsx with that combination.

There is a thread in the hardware forum on flightsim.com now too. Slightly different issue, and different videocard, but amd as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I say it in your specs already.:) Good of you to post those btw.

I was asking carl about his specs.

I don't have a amd card any more. I don't think I can help you fix it. I had one once, and those settings were very different from the way it works in nvidia menu.

I was just wondering if there may be an issue with amd and Win10.

I think most of the people that reported success with win10 used nvidia as well. But that's a general impression. I did not keep score.

But, this black screen issue could just be a fsx problem.

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah ok well it is frustrating but the only solution I have for now that I know of is to just alt-enter at the start of a flight of your gonna use menus. I have not only seen this in fsx I've seen it in a steam game also I just get pink textures when I'm playing a game after so long and the other weird thing is that windows 10 all the toolbar buttons and stuff is all messed up it doesn't display correctly and is messed up. It's tough to say it's windows 10, the AMD card, or fsx. I think it's a mix of fsx being installed on such a new os with a graphics card that can't be updated

Specs

I've searched for hours and am willing to search more after my computer is done restoring. It's funny how I have a 4-5 year old desktop and I can play fsx at medium to high graphics and get 40+ frames

Specs

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

I've spent the last three hours changing drivers and settings to no avail.

I guess it might be time to change to a Nvidia card but I'll wait and see if a fix comes along.

FSX seems fine in windowed mode.

All other games are fine Full Screen......go figure!

Just to be clear, I only have a gut feeling about this.

Based on as little as only 8 or 9 threads.

No guarantee the card (brand, driver) is really the issue.

And even if it is, it could soon be fixed.

I also notice you each have a slightly different issue.

I don't use an AMD card or Windows10 myself, maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all.

I hope you all find a solution soon.

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If this happened to me after installing Win 10 then I would suspect it was Win 10 (dah). Don't 'junk' your puter yet. Help is (should be) on the way.

Maybe Win 10 (almost) HAS to 'assume' you have the 'latest & greatest'. So you will only get drivers in that 'category'. Anything less (MB, CPU, GPU) and you are left by the wayside (for now). It takes time before the OS controllers (chip set drivers) and video card drivers for EVERY PC setup/spec out there can be writen, then realeased (as update new version). Hang in there. Six weeks? Three months? Who knows.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

My problem seems to be cured.

Yesterday a new driver for my Radeon HD6700 card appeared in the Windows Update and apparently did nothing.

More tweaking today and ensuring that the preview DX10 box is ticked brought success.

Ticking that box seems essential.

The other things I did was to reinstall the A2A Comanche to correct a font problem and update my GSX files. AFAIK it's back to normal.

• 1 month later...

Archived