ULLI St Petersburg .No gates or parking shown in FSNavigator.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

Downloaded an excellent scenery from Avsim Ru.

ULLI .

When I open FSNav ,no gates or parking areas show in the map display .

When using the standard Fs9 go to airport page ,parking and gates are shown to be available.

I downloaded an Afcad (don't no much about Afcad files)but It stated it would add extra parking /gates to Ulli.

Added the Afcad as instructed but no joy ,FSnavmap remains devoid of parking /gates .

This is an excellent scenery that also includes scenery of St Petersburg city as well ,so want to keep it.

Any ideas please.

Cheers Socks.

Seems odd as even the default ULLI has parking and gates.

OKThanks.

I may try deleting the scenery ,and then adding again through the library ,and see if that has any effect .As I do this will just check the default ULLI in FSNav to make sure the gates/parking are present there.

I do know that I tried a system restore the other day (nothing g to do with my ULLI anomaly),but after that rather long winded process I got the message that SR had failed this time and that the System could not be restored on this occasion.

However after the attempt at system R i noticed all my Airbus models that iI had added an enhanced wing view package to had reverted to there old wing views, the new panel cfg had vanished.

Anyways I will put all this in that old category of mysterious things that happen to your flightsim whilst you sleep perchance etc

PS OS is W8

Cheers Andy

You can only use afcads that are designed for the specific scenery you are using. You cant use any old afcad for ULLI....you must use one made for the ULLI version you are using.

Thanks

I have removed the Afcad I downloaded and installed.

It didn't appear to have any detrimental or positive effects so no harm done.

I then removed the Add-on ULLI scenery and had a look at the default fs9 version.

This also showed no gates or parking areas in FSNav map page.

Anyways I restored the Avsim Ru version as its very good. (ILS etc DO show correctly )

I can still position my aircraft using the default fs9 go to page as that does list all the gates /parking etc

That are available.

Will file under mysterious.

And continue to fly.

Cheers Andy

FSNav is a separate system but which does need to remain synchronised with FS9. To keep it synchronised you need to run the FSNav Data Base Creation (DBC) program after each installation of a new airport scenery, which should include the specific Afcad file with all it's (new) parking positions, etc.

Did you run this DBC program after installation of ULLI ?

Hans

FSNav is a separate system but which does need to remain synchronised with FS9. To keep it synchronised you need to run the FSNav Data Base Creation (DBC) program after each installation of a new airport scenery, which should include the specific Afcad file with all it's (new) parking positions, etc.

Did you run this DBC program after installation of ULLI ?

Hans

Thanks Hans

Yes I did remember to run the DBC program ,but no joy in this case.

Cheers

Andy

I don't have ULLI installed but had the same issue with another airport and Flight Keeper. It seems something is missing from such airports. They work fine within FS but whatever is required to make the gates appear on programs like FSNav or Flight Keeper the required information isn't there to relay the gates to these programs.

Andy,

If you have installed your ULLI Afcad file corectly within your activated ULLI scenery folder, have shut down your FS9 and have then run the FSNav DBC program, a new FSNav map should have been generated. After re-starting FS9 and opening the new FSNav map, you should now be able to click, e.g. on one of the ULLI runway ends, and the file name from which the DBC program has retrieved it's data, should appear for you to check. It should be the name of your ULLI Afcad file.

Please also be aware that duplicate Afcad type files within your FS9, possibly with different names, can cause unpredictable DBC errors and even FS9 CTDs. Although the Afcad program can open an ADE file and can then re-write it in the Afcad format, certain ADE data will then be lost ..... and ...... you will now run the risk of having duplicate Afcad type data floating around.

Hans

Archived