"Fuel Remaining (in pounds)" Error

b3burner

In messing with the red data numbers in the upper left corner for P3D, I went to the p3d.cfg file to add the necessary lines of data (just the same as I had in FSX), per the FSX SDK and instructions on how to do that. I figured that P3D borrows a lot of features from FSX, and most of those data output sets work as expected, so no big deal.

But then I got to the "Fuel Remaining in Pounds" data set, and noticed a very strange anomaly:

p3d raptor fuel and payload screen.png

When looking at the fuel quantities listed in the "fuel and payload" pull-down menu in the simulator, the fuel in gallons is stated as 3,985 gallons; and when converted over to pounds, a little over 26,700. Looks good for a Raptor F-22 so far... right?

Yet, after entering the code line in the P3D.cfg file to display that data on the screen, there seems to be a problem:

p3d fuel load screen display pounds remaining error - Copy.png

The Fuel Remaining as Gallons still matches the pull down menu screen accurately at 3,985. But the Fuel Remaining as Pounds now reads over 15-million! What happened?

Is this a case of an error being caused by my trying to use data output commands in the P3D.cfg file that were only designed to be used in FSX, per the FSX SDK? Is there a way to fix this, so that the fuel remaining in pounds reading is correct?

Thanks,

-- John

I'm not near a sim to verify but If someone else can confirm, I suggest you report it to LM as a bug.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I'm not near a sim to verify but If someone else can confirm, I suggest you report it to LM as a bug.

Vic

Vic, Just reported it, and a guy named Mike got back to me within 5 minutes of my post time, to say that they were already aware of a bug in the conversion of gallons to pounds of fuel-- and that it had already been corrected in the pull-down menu, but apparently not in the "red number data" read out in the upper left hand corner. He thanked me for reporting it, so at least I know he's aware of the issue and that it's not just me.

On a different subject, did you see my other post about the missing flight path trail in the map view? Have you ever had that problem? Sorry to cross topics from two different posts, but I noticed not much attention to that detail, so was hoping maybe you could shed some light, if you get the chance. Otherwise, I'll wait for a possible answer in the other post.

john -

Almost never use the built in map so haven't a clue.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived