flight1 software

erolsungur

have a good sunday, everyone,

for the past few weeks, i am getting all kinds of emails offering me deals on sales of many software houses. i am however, considering to buy the gtn 750 of the flight1. but the price is quiet "heavy". do they ever go on sale? any ideas?

regards,

erol

I kinda doubt you'll see them on sale, they're really proud of them. Possibly a couple bucks off around xmas but I wouldn't hold my breath. I will say the 750 is worth the money but I wouldn't buy the 650 again. I'm not sure I'd even buy the 750 again after seeing how customers get treated in the F1 forums.

As far as my knowledge goes, Flight1 rarely offers sales to their products, and the things they have to offer are generally good in quality (Coolsky DC-9/MD-80, GTN750, etc.) but rather heavy on the wallet. Don't expect a sale offer from Flight1.

And as Jim Robinson said, their forum support is rather dismal. Add Orbx and PMDG to the list of developers who make good-quality products but have terrible customer relations.

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

well, thanks for the replies.

david: about the money back guarantee; i know, once i get the product, i WILL use it and not return.

jim & tse: well, i didnt know that their customer service was THAT bad, but anyhow i think i will get the 750. unless someone can tell me a decent gps (using airac cycles, sids, stars etc), which i can install into any ga aircraft and create a flight plan with...

regards,

erol

Just buy the GTN750, you'll love it and it's unlikely you'll have any problems with it. The only caution is don't install the Garmin trainer from the Garmin site, it's a later version and the F1 gauges won't work with it (yet). Make sure you get the version either downloaded from the F1 GTN page or the GTN installer will also direct you to the correct download when you run it. You want GTNPCTrainerLite_5001.exe (1.6 Gb), not GTNPCTrainerLite_5130.zip(1.8 Gb).

In fairness to F1 there have been some pretty ridiculous customer demands on the F1 forums as well, they just need to learn not to lash out at everyone when one of those ridiculous demands pi$$es them off. That takes superhuman strength sometimes admittedly.

And as Jim Robinson said, their forum support is rather dismal. Add Orbx and PMDG to the list of developers who make good-quality products but have terrible customer relations.

I'm fairly new at using ORBX scenery, so couldn't comment on their support..

I haven't needed any so far, and I've only recently signed on to read their forums.

But I've been running the NGX since it came out, and although I've never needed

PMDG support with it so far, judging from their support forums, I don't see how one

can say they have terrible customer relations. If anything, it's the other way around.

As far as I can tell, they are always fairly quick to respond to customer issues both

on their forums, and through their normal support methods.

And they also update their planes when they find serious problems or bugs.

I've been through at least 4-5 updates and service packs since I bought the NGX.

Two have been since the beginning of this year. And another major service pack is still

coming whenever they get done with it.

So.. where is the beef?

Nope. Panel-mount avionics are not cheap.

Here's a slightly less expensive offer from a 3rd party vendor:

https://www.gulfcoastavionics.com/products/2404-gtn-750.aspx

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

Archived