Using Toe brakes on Saitek combat rudder pedals as the Rudder

This is a odd question, I have saitek combat rudder pedals and have done the setup that has been recommended, but what I want to know is, is it possible to set up the "toe brakes" as the rudder, so the left toe brake acts as if i moved the left pedal forward. I have done some searching and can not seem to find anything in the FSX controls options to set it.

I have thought maybe what I am trying to do can not be done on the hardware i own

Thanks in Advanced

Sorry if this is a duplicate, did a quick search couldn't seem to find anything with the same problem

I suspect you can probably do this with the payware version of FSUIPC.

It is a program that is used to set up your controllers and keyboard functions. Yo can assign buttons to functions that don't even exist in fsx yet. You can also assign functions to Axis on controllers. (You want to assign 'rudder' to the "toe brake Axis".)

I think it can be done, because the toe brakes have a "sliding scale". You can push them hard, for full braking, and less, for medium braking.

One issue perhaps. I am not sure if these pedals you own have a right brake and a left brake that are fully separate. Or if they are really two seperate pedals for the same axis!

But I assume you can taki and press the left brake only, causing the plane to turn left, and push the right brake to turn right. If that is so, it should be possible.

Wait for someone else to chime in here. Many people here use FSUIPC, and someone will be able to try out for you if this is possible. And help you set it up.

I don't use a rudder pedal set, and don't have reistered version of FSUIPC, so I can't help further.

Wishing you luck with getting it set up,

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would say it can't be done. Each toe brake is a separate axis. Yet the rudder responds to input from a single axis. So trying to work the rudder with a 2 axis input would seem unlikely since it would have to be split to take input from left/right. Nothing I know of could split that unless some creative configuration of FSUIPC could do it.

And I have to ask...why would you want to do this? Is rocking the pedal versus pushing the pedal gaining you anything?

"But I assume you can taki and press the left brake only, causing the plane to turn left, and push the right brake to turn right. If that is so, it should be possible."

That is so (I have the same pedals). Some planes (freeware) will only turn (taxi) using the brakes.

Some planes (freeware) will only turn (taxi) using the brakes.

Buzzed, we should be able to figure out why some of your planes don't turn unless using toe brakes. Granted, I'm somewhat new to FSX (Steam) and don't have a lot of freeware planes yet, but I surely thought all freeware planes would turn. Do you use brakes to stay on center during takeoffs?

Archived