Good frame rates in FSX but jerky panning in vc

thefrog

Hi

I have good frame rates in FSX (and P3D) approx 30-60 fps, so the scenery moves past the aircraft smoothly, but when I pan around the vc using the Spacebar and mouse, the motion is jerky. Is there any way that I might be able to improve this please?

Thanks

Dave

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz

16 Gb RAM

nVidia GTX770 2Gb

Windows 8.1 64 bit

FSX Acceleration

P3D v2

Hi

I have good frame rates in FSX (and P3D) approx 30-60 fps, so the scenery moves past the aircraft smoothly, but when I pan around the vc using the Spacebar and mouse, the motion is jerky. Is there any way that I might be able to improve this please?

Thanks

Dave

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz

16 Gb RAM

nVidia GTX770 2Gb

Windows 8.1 64 bit

FSX Acceleration

P3D v2

the only thing i can guess of is

antiailising activated on detailed virtual cockpit

disable antialising if enabled.

Hi frog,

Here are a couple of easy things to try. When I panned I had what I would describe as "tearing". Most noticeable while looking at the vertical edge of the windscreen in the VC. Adding "ForceFullScreenVSync=1" to the Graphics section of the FSX.cfg fixed this.

Also, in the disc version of FSX, increasing the the "TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT" value from the default seemed to result in a general smoothness increase. It's 40 in the disc version and 160 in the Steam version. I think the value has to be a multiple of 40.

I'm running AMD and you have Intel and Nvidia but these are probably worth trying.

Jim F.

Archived