MB : ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME VI

RAM : 16 MB VENGEANCE

HD : (2) 500 MB - 7200 RPM

FAN COOLER - CORSAIR H100 I

POWER SOURCE : 800 WTS

CASE THERMATEK

VC : EVGA 960 GTX 2MB

WHAT I GET

Installing de FSX and using scenery and planes by default with hard configuration I am getting ONLY 10 FPS in the cockpit and OUTSIDE VIEW barely 20 FPS

If I installed coolsky DC 9, the service pack both and scenery I barely can get 3 FPS

I installed and reinstalled the FSX and all the adds on and nothing happens

Have you heard problems linked with my and the possibles solutions

Please inform I would appreciate it

Gracias

R

"PRO : Intel 5 (3,8 MHZ) "

This is more likely 3.8 GHz.

The most likely problem you have is your graphics options are set too high.

Your CPU is fast enough if you make good decisions.

1) Reset the options to DEFAULT.

2) Fly a default plane like the Beach King Air over Seattle (KSEA/KBFI) at low altitude. Observe the frame rate.

3) If you get frames around 30 or more, set your frame rate lock to 30.

4) When you increase the graphics sliders, if your frame rate drops SIGNIFICANTLY below 30 and stays there, then you have set the slider(s) too high. Return them to the position where you get 20-30 most of the time.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Welcome to the 'real' workd of Flight Simulator X (hehe). Got a mintue? (a week?).

Your CPU might be the latest and greatest but the MB chip set drivers are probably 5 years old and 'out of date'. What is installed is not the 'latest'. Never is. They don't tell you everything. Buyer beware? No: business as usual. They take your money and now it's YOUR problem. They don't tell you about all the BLOATWARE that is running in the background (robbing you of CPU bandwidth) either. Remove as much as you can-or else.

So, did you google and then download and install the latest chip set drivers for YOUR MOTHERBOARD (be careful-32 or 64 bit, etc)? Makes a LOT of difference. Especially if you are going to be running FSX. If you are only going to go check your email, and do word processing, then you don't have to do any 'tweaking'. Otherwise (for FSX) put on your thinking cap on and spend a day (or 2) on updating drivers is almost mandatory.

Same goes for the video card drivers. Get the latest (NOT 'Beta') version you find at the manufactuer's site (NEVER from anywhere else!!!). Get an uninstaller program to help you remove the video drivers you have now. Print out instructions so you can do all the required steps (in order-ESPECIALLY any/all 'RESTART PC' step(s)!!) and you will see a VAST difference in performance (fps too).

Before you do any flying, go over to Bojote's site and let him do 'auto tweak' (which is based on your specific system specs and not 'generic' plugins) of your FSX cfg (it's safe/ok). The result?=you will be surprised and how well FSX will run then. Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived