DBS Studio: Airport GPS Activation

Has anyone had any dealings with this company, as to how long it takes to get an activation from them once a request has been made? (i.e. hours, days, weeks)

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

The answer: 12-48 hours

This program is very helpful, especially when you don't want to use ATC. I LOVE this program.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

Update: after one week of functionality, the program ceased to work. The activation from DBS no longer functions, and the program is DOA. I have made another contact with DBS, with the help of PC Aviator. Not sure what the problem is, but if this is one of those programs that is a problem, then it needs to be known. At this time, that is NOT the case.

Has anyone else bought from this company brand before and can give me some insight?

Timberleaf

I have the DBS Airport GPS and the TAWS. These always stop working after I've made some kind of change within the sims. ie: resolution, weather, etc, or install an add-on.

I've not been able to pinpoint what turns them off, but I've always been able to re-activate them by getting new activation codes from DBS.

Intel Core i7 x980 @ 3.33Ghz, Cores: 6, HT: Disabled, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, 24.0 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 PC3 12800 DDR3, EVGA GeForce GTX 690, 4GB GDDR5 SDRAM, LG 4K 52" TV, Antec Kuhler H20 620 Liquid CPU Cooler, Antec Quattro-1200 Power Supply, Win-10 Pro 64-bit. (Built: 01/13/2011)

Thank you for your reply. This is absolutely NOT something I am willing to participate in. If I change weather detail, it doesn't work. If I change visual detail, it doesn't work. If I add an airport, or take one away, it doesn't work. Each time I am required to go BACK through DBS and get ANOTHER activation code? Wow. Talk about unnecessary. THIS information should be on the addon's ad page. Certainly DBS has the creative right to do this. I, TOO, have the right to say "I don't", and ask for a refund. I think it isn't just inconvenient. It appears to me that DBS is dictating whether I am allowed to tweak FSX. And if I do, I have to get permission, each time, to use their product.

For anyone wanting to purchase a product from DBS, you might want to think about the above inconveniences, whether they apply, or not, to you.

Timberleaf

This might be the case, for you. And I am truly glad for you. However, this is not everyone's experience, including mine. If I had to do this with EVERY addon airport, scenery, aircraft addon, plane, lights, cockpit, texture, weather addon, sound file, and anything else you can think of that changes the environment of FSX, this becomes TOO MUCH to ask of me to request a NEW activation EVERY.. SINGLE.. TIME. This is NOT advertised before you buy, and you ONLY find out once you have bought, AND changed something within FSX forcing the issue.

I realize DBS has the right to activate how they want, being their creations. However, I have a right to say NO, I don't have to ask to reactivate every single time. This is NOT meant to lash out at DBS, only... I wish someone had posted this information about DBS before I bought. I would not have made the purchase based on this.

Timberleaf

I truly hope that others have a better experience. However, an informed decision to take that chance is a valuable one. Ignorance is NOT bliss. It is fair that both experiences are advertised for others to make their own choice. Peace.

Timberleaf

• 5 months later...

Archived