top down shortcut with FSXSE

svpst

I have installed FSXSE. On my old FSX the F12 key always gave me a top down shot of the airport and i used it a lot during my flights. However, with SE when i press the f12 key, it makes a screenshot and the message it sends me is "Microsoft Flight, screenshot saved." I have no clue where that is coming from and i made no changes to SE yet. When i look up the controls, under F12 it shows (shortcut). Any idea how to get it back to where F12 is top down? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Steam changed Top Down View to Shift+F12 so as to not interfere with their screenshot key.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Good job Bean, just like Opa would have done. That's the magic. I was confused because it say "flight" screen shot. To J&J i tried changing the assignment and it didn't like they idea. When i did so nothing changed but the idea was a good one. Thanks to you both. I'm finding lots of small differences so I'm not adding anything just yet trying to figure the differing issues.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Tip when setting keyboard assignments:

Sometimes you know a function you want to change a key setting for, but you don't know what it's called in that long list.

(let's say you always press F10 for something, and want to change it to shift-F10, but you don't know the name in the list)

select an empty function, select 'change' (or double click), and press the key you are looking for.

You will see at the top:

This key is currently assigned to the " ********** " function, are you sure you want to change it?

There you have the name of the function that is assigned to F10.

Of course click Cancel, otherwise F10 would get assigned to the new function!

Then look up the " *********** " function, and change that to shift-F10.

enjoy, il88pp.

key trick.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived