Need actual help for iFly 747-400V2

jakethelake

So... I guess you can say I'm pretty pissed with the iFly forum mods (well, at least one of them).

I bought their product knowing that they wouldn't support issues with windows 8 or higher, but I bit the bullet and it still works fine...

I go over to ask some general questions like these:

1.) On engine start-up when parked and parking brake is on with green brake pressure, when engines 3-4 (simultaneous start-up) are running the aircraft will turn counter clockwise... What the heck? Why would the parking brake not prevent that?

2.) The VC window glare... IMHO it's too much. I have the QW 757 (even though you guys don't like discussing others I am) and someone was able to create a window texture to eliminate and glare/dirt on the windows, is this something you guys will do or should that be asked in a different sub-topic? I feel as if it would eliminate some of the lag issues, as it did for the 757...

3.) When using the 747 config application, the seating arrangements are always reset back to 416. How do I keep it at a certain class/seat arrangement?

4.) Is there anyway to skip to and return to waypoints on the EICAS while on plan or map? I don't see any button to do that and I like to be able to see if my route is 100% correct.

5.) Radios... Tutorial never really said much, neither does the AOM on how to use all three...

and get "we don't, and most likely wont support Windows 8." Duh, I read just about everything before giving you idiots my money...

Anyways, them being stubborn caused me to come here, and ask if anyone knows anything about this royal pain in the butt (pun intended). Particularly numbers 2 and 4, but if anyone knows about 1 or three that would be just great!

Hopefully I'll get a better reply,

Jake

4. EICAS? I think you mean ND? As far as I have seen in the PMDG 747, you must activate the route, then check it using the PLN mode. Not otherwise. I am not a 747 pilot so I don't know if that's the case with real world as well. But if both 747 of PMDG and iFly has the same way of operating and this issue appears, maybe it's the way in which a real 747 works. I can't be sure as I am not a pilot.

5. As far as tuning the frequency for ILS - Autoland is concerned, it is done automatically by the FMC. You just need to select the approach and runway from the DEP ARR page. Remaining are radios for communication, more or less similar to other planes like the 737 and 777, if you can use those, this will be easy as well brother.

Hope this helps.

So does the ifly 747-400v2 work fine with Windows 8.1? I read in their forums that it won't work because FS2004 needs the disk to run. I have the no disk patch anyway, but am thinking about purchasing and wanted to make sure it works okay.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Thanks shafat, I'll see about it when I get home.

So does the ifly 747-400v2 work fine with Windows 8.1? I read in their forums that it won't work because FS2004 needs the disk to run. I have the no disk patch anyway, but am thinking about purchasing and wanted to make sure it works okay.

As long as you follow their directions before download, so far it works. For me I run on a laptop w/o an optical drive so I use the patch and it works fine.

I downloaded via IE (because they say Chrome does bad things but I've never noticed) and had McAfee turned off, UAC on low, and defender was off. I have FS9 in a folder (labeled MSFS) on my C drive, out of program files (I'd advise to re-install your FS9 if you haven't already).

Also, I run it on a x64 bit chip so I have a bit more VAS to use than a x32 (If you have no idea google "OOM FS9" and read about it). If you're running a x32 bit system, don't get it, you'll run out of VAS and have a useless product. If you have a x64 bit, go ahead and download the 3 to 4 VAS large address warning, because it will solve any issues (all you have to do is click on the FS9.exe or application whatever it is named).

I hope that's enough to solve any worries. It's a hog of FPS in VC like everyone says, but it runs well in the high 20's so I have it locked at 30FPS at places like FlyTampa Dubai Rebooted.. If it doesn't work out, ask Flight1 for a refund.

EDIT: Holy crap, looked at your pc specs and you should be fine. My AMD 10-5750 only squeaks out 2.5ghz but with 4.5 you shouldn't have a problem...

Thank you sir. Think I will purchase it.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Archived