FSX crashes win 8 when directx preview is off

lol12344

Can anyone help me, i have a windows 8.1 computer and i play fsx. For some reason when ever i take off directx 10 preview in the setting my fsx would crash when i click fly now. i would choose a boeing aircraft, choose an airport, and set the time. i would then click fly now and it would say "Flight simulator x has stopped working". i dont want to use directx because i cant use it with enb series. Thanks in advance.

Processor: AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 3.70GHz

RAM: 8 GB

64-bit Operating System

Possible explanation: you run dx9 with high settings. Fps is just about ok. You switch to dx10, is lighter on fps, so fps increase. You increase settings, install more addon software. Fps gets lower, is just about ok.

Then you switch back to dx9. Is heavier on fps, game slows to a crawl.

Solution, when switching back, lower your settings, (a lot).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, maybe your windows 8 installation hasn't come with directx 9 (I remember with a past game, I had to install direct x 9 even though I had 10). If you are running with a disk installation, put in the acceleration disk and I believe there's an option to install direct x 9. If not, just Google it and you should find a download for directx 9.

Rupert

Rupert Software

PC Specs: i7 4790K 4.4ghz, 16gb 2400 mhz, GTX970 4gb, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, zalman z11 plus

Archived